Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Bowhunters Salary >

The Bowhunters Salary

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
19,000 or Less
7.94%
20,000 to 29,000
8.99%
30,000 to 39,000
12.70%
40,000 to 49,000
11.64%
50,000 to 59,000
16.93%
60,000 to 74,000
11.64%
75,000 - Plus
30.16%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

The Bowhunters Salary

Old 05-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Bowhunters Salary

Well working in the oil patch you think Id be rich with the cost of oil. But for some reason, only my bosses are getting richer. HMMM, funny how that works.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 PM

boy I need to read the post's first before voting....I thought it was bowhunting pros[&:]
I am a cable guy and my income is not enough for my girl to stay home, combined we dont
make over 75,000. Michigan is a hard state to be in right now. My girlfriend works in automotive
manufactoring and just took a 3.50 dollar paycut to kept her job[:@] Thank God everyone needs cable
and fast internet or we would be SOL.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

No slam on the thread. There are some interesting figures, but here are my Thoughts:

I personally judge a man by much more than how much $$$ he brings home a year.

I have shared hunts with some real Arses. Although most guys Love of the hunt makes them compatible instantly.Some were rich, and some I am sure were just working guys like me.

Some of my friends make 6 figures a year, while others are close to poverty level. They all have one thing in common. I can count on them if/and when I need help. They can count on me also.

I think too many people are judged by the $$ they make, the house they live in, the car they drive, the clothes they wear, etc., etc.

It shouldn't be that way!!

I do not differentiate between my friends, they're just my friends, and I don't mean that lightly. Friends are definitely invaluable!!

Dan
Old 05-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The W2 said that I cleared $17,500 last year. Which if any of you live in Tidewater VA... you know that ain't hardly enough to live on. With the price of fuel now, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. For whatever reason, they keep cutting hours at work, and they laugh when we talk about a raise, no matter how great sales are. Can't believe I went to college for this.....
Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

No slam on the thread. There are some interesting figures, but here are my Thoughts:

I have shared hunts with some real Arses. Although most guys Love of the hunt makes them compatible instantly.Some were rich, and some I am sure were just working guys like me.

Some of my friends make 6 figures a year, while others are close to poverty level. They all have one thing in common. I can count on them if/and when I need help. They can count on me also.

I think too many people are judged by the $$ they make, the house they live in, the car they drive, the clothes they wear, etc., etc.

I do not differentiate between my friends, they're just my friends, and I don't mean that lightly. Friends are definitely invaluable!!

Dan

Ummmm.... who was judgeing? I mean good post, and i agree completely,but really doesnt pertain in the given thread,. It's even anynmous.... unless i missed something?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love this last line Friends, you cant never have enough He who has the most friends when he dies, WINS.

Dan
Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Dan

Ummmm.... who was judgeing? I mean good post, and i agree completely,but really doesnt pertain in the given thread,. It's even anynmous.... unless i missed something?
buckmaster, I honestly didn't read every post and have no idea or clue if anyone was judging or not. Not the point, it's just the talk of salaries caused me to think of things I see day in, day out, week in, week out. People being judged for one thing or another.

I just put my thoughts down to maybe cause one or 2 to think.

Hunting is definitely becoming a wealthy man's game more every year. Higher Gas Prices, higher and more leases, everything across the board will soon if not already reflect the unreal rise in fuel cost over the last year or so.

What in America is not dependant on Gas or Diesel to get it from point A to point B. It goes without saying everything will be going up.

Didn't mean to interrupt a meaningful thread during the offseason. Carry on!!

Dan
Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Dan

buckmaster, I honestly didn't read every post and have no idea or clue if anyone was judging or not. Not the point, it's just the talk of salaries caused me to think of things I see day in, day out, week in, week out. People being judged for one thing or another.

I just put my thoughts down to maybe cause one or 2 to think.

Hunting is definitely becoming a wealthy man's game more every year. Higher Gas Prices, higher and more leases, everything across the board will soon if not already reflect the unreal rise in fuel cost over the last year or so.

What in America is not dependant on Gas or Diesel to get it from point A to point B. It goes without saying everything will be going up.

Didn't mean to interrupt a meaningful thread during the offseason. Carry on!!

Dan
Gotcha, I was just wondering where you were coming from.Great Post, except for the smart remark at the end
Old 05-06-2008, 09:01 PM

I have never been able to figure out why in the world is it such a big deal how much a man makes. It's always hush, hush. Why is that, who cares? My family, my off time, and my hunting is all that matters to me. I could give a care less about anything else.