Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
It's a necessary evil ..... I don't like it
4.86%
It's necessary ..... I'm ok with it
20.83%
It's all part of the hunt .... I like it
36.11%
It's an awesome rush .... I love it
38.19%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

The Kill

Old 05-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Kill

valor10,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you think we're crossing wires. I agree that we see some things differently, but I believe we agree on a lot of important issues. Where exactly do you think we are crossing wires?
Maybe the wrong choice of words. I mean I have no regret, nor do I take please in killing certain creatures. I just look at it as necessary. I do take pleasure in killing deer. Ilove it. Make any more sense?
Old 05-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:39 PM

This was by far the most thought provking topic to date not one arguement.Like I said before an anti or a non hunter could answer simply yes or no where a hunter can not think about that
Old 05-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never feel bad about a clean kill shot. I feel sick when I place a bad shot. I know that the animal is suffering and I hate it. I don't care for killing just to kill. I think the animal should be utilized or killed for a purpose such as population control or if the animal becomes a threat.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

I never feel bad about a clean kill shot. I feel sick when I place a bad shot. I know that the animal is suffering and I hate it. I don't care for killing just to kill. I think the animal should be utilized or killed for a purpose such as population control or if the animal becomes a threat.
I agree, 100%.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

I agree, 100%.
X2 or 3 ...I agree also
Old 05-04-2008, 02:33 AM

I never gave it much thought. Usually as I approach the downed animal my excitement is mixed with a split second of sadness. I have a ritual, kind of, I kneel over the critter, thank God for the blessing, thank the animal, then ecitement and adrenilin kicks back in!!! might sound silly but I been doing it since I was a kid
Old 05-04-2008, 02:44 AM

Ya know ..wow verry thought prevoking, I dont think my focus, or joy is in the fact that I am taking a life. Yes I love a well placed shot and good blood trail, but killing the animal is all part of the predator role. I dont think the predators of the animal kingdom necessarely enjoy killing, yes they may enjoy the stalk, the chase, and the groceries but the killing is done out of necessity wethier for food, teritory, or defense.

P.S. please forgive my horrible spelling
Old 05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I think the sheer size of a whitetail deer changes my feelings for them. I can't explain that.

I'm like some others......I don't kill bugs in the house, sometimes. I don't kill squirrels, birds, etc.... Nothing against those who do.

I've always associated myself with this quote.....

The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the descendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter. - Finn Aagard
Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh ya, I forgot to add, I get a kick a$$ adrenalin rush when I stick a trophy buck. I think it's the fact that I just outsmarted a survival machine!

Quick Reply: The Kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.