Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who reads anti-hunting websites? >

Who reads anti-hunting websites?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who reads anti-hunting websites?

Old 05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who reads anti-hunting websites?

I lumpanti hunting materialup there with thetabloids. Like Kyle said, " I only have so many brain cells"
Old 05-01-2008, 01:29 PM

Don't kid yourself into thinking many of these PETA typesare un-educated (except maybe the Pamela Anderson types).. They on average are probably more educated than the average hunter.. having said that they are also much more urban and out of touch with the wildlife and wildlife issues. They live in a fantasy land where they think that by not killing any animal that everything will be better. They have no clue thatthe vast majority of wildlife are supported by hunting and hunters dollars. They do nothing to combat habitat destruction and control populations (which would be out of control if they had their way). Our support of hunting and better yet funding of wildlife habitat organizations (like the Rocky Mountian ElK Foundation for example) is the sane and correct thing and luckily every state's (that I know of)fish and game commission's are on our side.

The sad thing is these people are gaining strength through numbers and can greatly influence wildlife policies that are put on the ballot. Here in Washington state which has a large urban population in Seattle, we have seen a couple uninformed wildlife policies passed by general vote (banning of dogs for cougar hunting and banning the use of leg/body hold traps). The hilarious part is that now we have cougars in these people's backyards and they're pristine lawns are being torn up by moles since you can't use traps on them any longer. I think they tried to repeal part of the law for moles since moles aren't as cute and fuzzy as a fox or coyote.

They are way out of touch, but don't underestimate their strength in numbers!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fishm@n

Don't kid yourself into thinking many of these PETA typesare un-educated (except maybe the Pamela Anderson types).. They on average are probably more educated than the average hunter.. having said that they are also much more urban and out of touch with the wildlife and wildlife issues. They live in a fantasy land where they think that by not killing any animal that everything will be better. They have no clue thatthe vast majority of wildlife are supported by hunting and hunters dollars. They do nothing to combat habitat destruction and control populations (which would be out of control if they had their way). Our support of hunting and better yet funding of wildlife habitat organizations (like the Rocky Mountian ElK Foundation for example) is the sane and correct thing and luckily every state's (that I know of)fish and game commission's are on our side.

The sad thing is these people are gaining strength through numbers and can greatly influence wildlife policies that are put on the ballot. Here in Washington state which has a large urban population in Seattle, we have seen a couple uninformed wildlife policies passed by general vote (banning of dogs for cougar hunting and banning the use of leg/body hold traps). The hilarious part is that now we have cougars in these people's backyards and they're pristine lawns are being torn up by moles since you can't use traps on them any longer. I think they tried to repeal part of the law for moles since moles aren't as cute and fuzzy as a fox or coyote.

From what you just said they sound pretty uneducated to me!! Book smarts and common sense are 2 different things!! The common sense person is far more educated in my book then any 4 year book smart college grad.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

From what you just said they sound pretty uneducated to me!! Book smarts and common sense are 2 different things!! The common sense person is far more educated in my book then any 4 year book smart college grad.
Amen Schultzy!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do get where your coming from though.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea ive read a couple but i stopped reading it cuz what they say is so far away from the truth
Old 05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I wanted to read fiction I would go to a book store!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

We have Peacocks running around our neighborhood (San Diego County, CA). They were left here by a homeowner that moved long ago. They are a PITA. Crap all over our front porch, Eat some of the landscaping, Scare the crap out of guests (which I kinda enjoy), when they are on roost in the evening and something startles them or bugs them they make a racket. The neighborhood dogs have gotten a few of them (good dog that, Louie).

One of the ladies down the street is quite the animal rights type and when I would talk about how big a pain these things were and that I would like to take them out she would get all over me telling me I was heartless and such.

Well, things changed a bit and the Peacocks started roosting on their chimney for a while making all their mess and noise at her house one spring. Guess who got a call to come and shoot the beautiful peacocks? Me. I told her I wasn't that heartless and laughed at her. Her husband is a good guy and we pickoff rabbits together with a pellet gun.

For the most part the extreme animal rights people are ignorant to reality. I don't read the websites but, I do like sitting down a talking to them about their beliefs. I had another neighbor try to tell me that he was for banning all guns if the gov't wanted to because " the gov't knows what is best for us". How about that gem?[:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 05-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't read any of their crap...I am not interested in their line of bull&^%t...
Old 05-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

PETA? People Eating Tasty Animals? What's wrong with this group? haha.

Not really sure what the avg hunter is....nor the avg peta member.....would say that most are out of touch or simply unaware of the facts.

It shocks me how many people when I mention hunting to....have no clue that in this country you're not allowed to simply just go out in the woods at any time of the year and shoot whatever the hell you want whenever the hell you want......and these are normal people, not PETA, not hunters, just reg joes, have no clue, and I would suspect most people feel this way......no wonder PETA gets tehm to join, they probably just say join peta or hunters will kill all of them off.

Man evolved by eating meat, its natural, we may now be able to survive without meat, though I would state that it's unnatural and unhealthy! vitamin B12 for instance has no natural plant source.....ie you can only get it from animal sources.....ie we need to consume animals, and ie supplements of B12 need animal sources, less they are synthisized in a lab, which I still would suspect need animal sources. Either way, anyone who would read about the evolution of man would come to understand that consuming meat is healthy and natural.

Quick Reply: Who reads anti-hunting websites?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.