Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much is this expense? >

How much is this expense?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much is this expense?

Old 04-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Default How much is this expense?

Say that I wanted to start my own Outfitter out West for Elk, deer, and black beer. How much does it cost to pay a certified guide with experience to help with my business? Do they get a certain percentage and/or salary?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Default RE: How much is this expense?

When i work for any other outfitters i'll make $1000 per week
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 PM

Yeah, if it would be ok with your friends and your father to share it, than I would not mind looking at the plan at all, thanks. So is that 55-60k annually just for deer and turkey? I do not get it?

I was thinking about starting an outfitter guide service out west preferrably in Western Montana. I would hunt Elk, Mulies, Whitetail, and Black Bear. I need some experience so I figured I would learn while I am out there for a few years while I have dedicated and experienced guides working for me. I would like a 5 bedroom/5 bath ranch to be used during the hunting seasons for 5 day hunting packages. In the off months I would like to use it as a vacation spot for family vacations, horse back rides and trout fishing. I already have a lot more in mind but I think you get the idea. For start up I will probably have to get a loan for over 2,000,000 to buy and take over a prime ranch on a few thousand acres with rights to so many mileson national forest or state land.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 PM

Which seasons, what states, and does that make a percentage or include tips? Thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 12:04 AM

Personaly I think its a HUGE endeavour and you might be getting in over your head. If you do go ahead with the plans Good Luck! and dont forget to tell us so we get a HNI discount!!! LOL
Old 04-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

For start up I will probably have to get a loan for over 2,000,000 to buy and take over a prime ranch on a few thousand acres with rights to so many mileson national forest or state land.
Given today's economy, I'm not sure banks/savings and loans are writing those kinds of checks. What type of equity to you have to back a loan like that?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you will be at a huge disavantage owing that much money and having that kind of overhead. I would plan on doing everything yourself because you like doing it, not hiring people to do what you can do.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

Which seasons, what states, and does that make a percentage or include tips? Thanks
I guide in Manitoba for deer and bear and it doesn't come from a percentage or include tips.Tips should never see the owners hand.If you trying to figure out what it would cost for a wage pay a hourly wage just doesn't work well (imo) base there pay on a daily bases x number of dollars per day for the entire hunt 10 day hunt pay for 10 not just days hunted.
If this is your dream don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, there's lots of ups and downs just look ahead and keep on going.

Quick Reply: How much is this expense?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.