Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 when do you know >

when do you know

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

when do you know

Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: when do you know

The King came out of the womb with a bow fashioned from a rib andhis ownumbilical cord. Before the hospital staffcould even get the afterbirth wiped off, helaunched a hypodermic needle out the window and assassinated a squirrel in the hospital courtyard.He was charged with Disorderly Conduct, andthe Illegal Taking ofa Squirrelfor that littletransgression.

Only a few short years later, heconquered Kid Icarus (without saving)and went on to become the world's Undisputed King of Archery.

this is why I love reading quiksilvers post
Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Watching the Dukes of Hazzard as a kid.... I loved it when the Duke boys wouldshoot the exploding tip arrows... That's when I wanted my first bow.[/align]
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Watching the Dukes of Hazzard as a kid.... I loved the Duke boys ...
I knew there was something "funny" about you
Old 04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I knew from the passion I saw in my Dad's eyes when he went out in archery season. He didn't get that look about very many things at all. I wanted to see what it was all about. And once I grew enough to pull a hunting bow back and got to go, the rest was history.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a bow about 10 years ago but didn't use it to hunt until 2002 or so.....I realized I could hunt an extra month with a bow so I gave it a try....I missed my first shot at a nice 8 point at 20 yards! I was hooked from then on. I realized that I was so close but I missed anyways....hunting was a challenge again for me and I fell in love with bowhunting. After I shot my first buck at get this...1 yard and then proceeded to track that deer for over 7-8 hours over a two day period to finally recover him....well, I can't even explain the joy I received from analyzing where the arrow hit, why he ran and died where he did, and by looking at the good/bad parts of that hunt was so much fun....I haven't hunted with a gun in 3.5 years and don't plan to ever again unless I am that desperate for the meat.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Watching the Dukes of Hazzard as a kid.... I loved the Duke boys ...
I knew there was something "funny" about you
I totally agree Dubbya. Yeah Buckeye was watching the Duke "boys" while I was keeping my eye on Daisy
Old 04-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

at 25, after years of gun hunting, my brother in law handed me his old bare bow and said he'd buy all the accessories it needed, if I'd go hunting with him opening day two weeks later.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gun hunted for about 15 years and loved it. 4 years ago a buddy kept raving aboutbowhunting and insisted on taking meout just to try it.I finally agreed and found myself holding a bow 20 ft up a tree. The very first time a deer walked by me, (though I didn't even get a shot) I knew I was addicted to that feeling. I hardly ever take my guns out of their cases now.