Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New hunter moving in on my territory >

New hunter moving in on my territory

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New hunter moving in on my territory

Old 04-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New hunter moving in on my territory

Duramax- This guy is obviously planting some stuff in her head. I would start looking for a new spot and would avoid confrontation, take the higher road. As a side note the guy sounds like a complete tool so I would talk to the landowner himself and advise that you have ethically taken deer and been respectful. I would tell him that you will move your stands if he feels his wife is right, but tell him you feel that the guy might not be as respectful and appreciative as you are. If they want you to go ask him that he keep you in mind should things fall apart with the other guy. Last but not least I would look at his stand set-up. Did he set them up in a manner that is dangerous? Does he use a safety harness? If you can find any fault in his game tell the husband your concern.
Sorry to hear what is happening but everything happens for a reason, keep your cup half full and you might find a better spot. Luckily you have some time before deer season even though Turkey now appears to be a bust.