Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No bird but a great morning bow hunt >

No bird but a great morning bow hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No bird but a great morning bow hunt

Old 04-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No bird but a great morning bow hunt

Well, I was suppossed to go to NC for 3 days but had to bag it at the last minute because of business stuff. I did get out this morning in with my bow and my buddy Mark videoing.We set up on a bird that was about 130-150 yards away on the roost. We had him coming right at us on fire steady gobbling the whole way in and out of strut.When he was at about 50 yards we saw him turn and haul the mail. We both were like WTF??? Well, we then saw a fox chase him for short distance before he took flight. @%$#@!! Then the red headed little bugger starts coming right at us at a fast pace until he sees the deeks. Then he goes into stealth mode. Mark got it on film, he snuck right up to the decoys before I had to break up the party. I had to litterally chase him away. He jumped a little when he saw a piece of the tree come to life, was pretty funny. But he would only run about 10 feet and look back, run after I would wave my arms, stop, look, etc... We then moved about 400 yards, I hit my box call as we walked along the edge of a field and got got caught with my pants down as we were 10 yards out in ankle high wheat, a gobblersounded offonly about 20 yards away. We tried to scramble to get set up but he was already coming at us and busted us moving actually towards him to get to the firstcover we could, that was my bad.Here are a few pics of the first set up from this morning. Me sitting at the base of the tree, a little closer, at full draw and a glory shot forMarkwith his camera lol.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No bird but a great morning bow hunt

Cool morning!! Dam fox. lol. That ultimate camo looks sweet. Good luck!!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man thats some good camo. Cudos to you for trying for a turkey with a bow and no blind. I may some day but not just yet! Sounds like a fun morning.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

No bird, but what an experience! I bet that was neat to see the fox coming in to the decoys. Your camo is impressive to say the least as well. Looks like it's quite effective on the ground.