Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did you ever come across a wounded deer where... >

Did you ever come across a wounded deer where...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you ever come across a wounded deer where...

Old 04-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Default RE: Did you ever come across a wounded deer where...

good human
Old 04-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a doe during rifle season with a mangled front leg and a fawn during muzzle season that had a blown off back legthat couldn't even get out of the little valley it was in. My dad shot a little 7 point during muzzle that had been shot before.When we got to it there was a hole troughone of the back legs and one of its testies was blown off. It was nasty!This was allin 07. You did the right thing.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

I once killed a deer with a four-way tire iron. (it's not a very handy weapon, just so you know)

I was going to work when I spotted a messed up doe lying in the ditch. She couldn't even get up, but boy was she bawling.A car must have hit her in the head because her eye was backwards in the socket. The tire iron was all I had. (picture me in my dress, pummeling this poor critter) I got blood spatter all over my nylons. [:@]

I don't feel the least bit bad for it. (but I do carry better bludgeoning devices)

Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I cut a fawn loose from a web wire fence.

It lived!

At least as far as I could see it.

Dan
Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

during rifle season one year a gut shot doe crossed in front of me. It was the saddest thing I ever saw. her insides were no longer inside! I wanted soooo badly to put her down but I didn't have a tag. Killing her could cost me my hunting privages for 3 years and a stiff fine. I made the choice to not shoot. The hunters came looking for her about an hour later and I retrieved the deer for them. She was still alive and I sufficated her. The humane thing would have been to shoot her right away but The DNR might not agree and I didn't want to take that chance. I support anyone who does the humane thing.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Situation ethics ..... it's ok to break the law .....if the situation is justifiable to US ........ like Jeff said, you may want to leave situations like this out of a public forum for YOUR protection ...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

We need more people to just tell the government "I did it and so what"....we will be asking the government to pull our pants down so we can piss soon enough.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

We need more people to just tell the government "I did it and so what"....we will be asking the government to pull our pants down so we can piss soon enough.
A-fricken-MEN
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

woud have done the same thing dude good choice.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I was out coyote hunting about 1 week after deer season several years ago and came across a spike buck that had been shot in the hips. He could get up on his front legs but was just dragging his back end. He had fresh bite marks on his back legs from coyotes. I finished him off. I felt like it was the right thing to do. This deer was going to starve to death or get killed by the yotes.

Quick Reply: Did you ever come across a wounded deer where...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.