HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Too much shooting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/242375-too-much-shooting.html)

Swift Arrow 04-14-2008 05:30 PM

Too much shooting?

Is shooting my bow two days a week averaging 50 shots too much? Or should I leave it hang on the wall for a while?

TEmbry 04-14-2008 05:32 PM

RE: Too much shooting?

Joke?

Many people shoot everyday. Practice makes perfect! Which may be the underlying reason behind why I am far from perfect.

BigDaddy12t 04-14-2008 05:39 PM

I have to admit that before this year, I was one of those guys that would pick up my bow 2 weeks before the season started, and start shooting. I have already shot my bow this year more in the last few months, than I ever did in the last few years. I feel so much more comfortable with my bow this year. Even shooting at short distances, it makes you feel more at one with the bow.

Swift Arrow 04-14-2008 05:40 PM

No, unfortunately not. I was just a dumb question. I just don't want to mess anything up, LOL. Going down to the basement to shoot some more. Thanks!

Rob/PA Bowyer 04-14-2008 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Many people shoot everyday. Practice makes perfect! Which may be the underlying reason behind why I am far from perfect.
Perfect practice makes perfect. Bad practice makes bad habits. There is a fine line between too much and good practice.

Sometimes a perfect practice session for me is one arrow.

Madjac20 04-14-2008 05:42 PM

How can there be a such thing as "too much shooting"? If your not practicing with good form then yes there can be "too much", but if you're getting better and learning something with every shot then no.
I shoot every chance I get. Like you I'll shoot about 50 arrows per session. I think that a 1000 arrows shot while perfecting your form will be well worth it early this fall when that 'big one' is standing broadside your stand at 20 yards. Too much shooting, I say there's not enough "good shooting".

deerhunter518 04-14-2008 06:51 PM

u need to shoot more if anything, the more the merrier

Paul L Mohr 04-15-2008 01:40 PM

I used to shoot 3 to 4 hundred arrows a day, so no I don't think your overdoing it.

Paul

craitchky 04-15-2008 01:51 PM

I shoot 5 days a week, about 50-100, depending on my time, arrows per session. I think if you shoot well a lot, you develop goodmuscle memory. So when the moment of truth comes, you can focus on that sweet spot on the deer, and not have to think about weather you are achored correctly, is my form right, etc, etc.

Deleted User 04-15-2008 01:53 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]