Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Too much shooting? >

Too much shooting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Too much shooting?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Default Too much shooting?

Is shooting my bow two days a week averaging 50 shots too much? Or should I leave it hang on the wall for a while?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:32 PM

Default RE: Too much shooting?

Joke?

Many people shoot everyday. Practice makes perfect! Which may be the underlying reason behind why I am far from perfect.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to admit that before this year, I was one of those guys that would pick up my bow 2 weeks before the season started, and start shooting. I have already shot my bow this year more in the last few months, than I ever did in the last few years. I feel so much more comfortable with my bow this year. Even shooting at short distances, it makes you feel more at one with the bow.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:40 PM

No, unfortunately not. I was just a dumb question. I just don't want to mess anything up, LOL. Going down to the basement to shoot some more. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Many people shoot everyday. Practice makes perfect! Which may be the underlying reason behind why I am far from perfect.
Perfect practice makes perfect. Bad practice makes bad habits. There is a fine line between too much and good practice.

Sometimes a perfect practice session for me is one arrow.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

How can there be a such thing as "too much shooting"? If your not practicing with good form then yes there can be "too much", but if you're getting better and learning something with every shot then no.
I shoot every chance I get. Like you I'll shoot about 50 arrows per session. I think that a 1000 arrows shot while perfecting your form will be well worth it early this fall when that 'big one' is standing broadside your stand at 20 yards. Too much shooting, I say there's not enough "good shooting".
Old 04-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

u need to shoot more if anything, the more the merrier
Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 PM

I used to shoot 3 to 4 hundred arrows a day, so no I don't think your overdoing it.

Paul
Old 04-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot 5 days a week, about 50-100, depending on my time, arrows per session. I think if you shoot well a lot, you develop goodmuscle memory. So when the moment of truth comes, you can focus on that sweet spot on the deer, and not have to think about weather you are achored correctly, is my form right, etc, etc.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Too much shooting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.