Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I had my hopes but I was disappointed... >

I had my hopes but I was disappointed...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I had my hopes but I was disappointed...

Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 AM

Default RE: I had my hopes but I was disappointed...

Thanks Matt, I was disappointed in this group b/c all year they have been into my lectures and seemed interested in the subjects at hand, until now, I guess it's the end of the year and they just are burned out. I asked how many of them would die for this country today, 1 out of the 26 raised their hand. I have several kids that won't stand for the pledge too, and when I went to the administration about it, they told be to back off on it and not push the issue, but it was lost battle before it got started.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Germ

You should post it for all to see. I'd be interested in reading that. I'm sure others would too. If you didn't mind.
When I go to the farm next I will copy it and post it. It truly was an eye opener.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Go through the proper channels.......sent home a permission slip if you need to.....

But the best way I could think to show them what happened on that day.....is to let them watch the first 20 minutes or so of 'Saving Private Ryan'. That's the most powerful movie footage I've ever seen.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:50 AM

Germ, post it and I will read to my classes if you don't mind. I told them about my grandfather driving the PT boats on to Normandy and then making the push with his regiment and how he was one of only 3 people out 50that survived an abush in an orchard, they were a little interested in that, so any kind of primary source is good!! Thanks!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 AM

Cool Germ, that will work. Give me a heads up when you do it. Thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 10:52 AM

Jeff, I did that, they talked through the first 30 min, the most important part for our lesson!!! It made me so angry.... I was fighting back tears, I do everytime I watch that part, and they are talking and trying to text message people, I did get some phones and sent of few to the office!!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vabowman--I had the reverse happen to me in highschool a few times. I switched over to AP English after a couple of weeks my senior year. By the time my first class was done, the teacher made comments that Republicans were "knuckle draggers" and also made allusions that Military officers were "homophobes" and liked to bully people....needless to say that was the only class I went to as I dropped that class asap......I was in shock. I am one for any open debate but for a teacher to make stupid comments like that in highschool is ridiculous!

I also had one teacher basically call me "gay" for reading a strength and conditioning magazine in highschool......she made comments about me liking to see men with their shirts off, etc. The whole class started laughing. I went and told the VP that I basically almost slapped that teachers face. His facial expression was priceless!

Old 04-14-2008, 11:06 AM

wow, you gay?? not a chance!! anyway, I never try to impose my views on my kids, I often play devil's ad though, just to get the mind thinking!!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Devils advocate no problem, that is what a teacher is supposed to do. That promotes learning. In fact, we need alot more teachers to engage and debate with their students. That is where the real learning takes place.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM

I was always into history, and took quite a few classes in highschool about different things. I took WW2, Civil War, and then your basic U.S and world history. I'm not into the topics much anymore only because I dont feel like paying for them when I dont need them to graduate college, but it also helped that my teacher was very passionate about the subjects. Have you tried showing a movie and giving them a handout with like 10 questions from the movie? This would keep them quiet so they could hear the information to get the answers. It worked in my classes.

Quick Reply: I had my hopes but I was disappointed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.