Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fred Bear Bows. Which should I get? >

Fred Bear Bows. Which should I get?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
The Truth
86.96%
The Code
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Fred Bear Bows. Which should I get?

Old 04-12-2008, 05:03 PM

Default Fred Bear Bows. Which should I get?

I am looking to buy a new bow very soon. I have shot the Bear "The Truth" and the Bear Code. I love how both of them shoot. And how they feel in general. Therein lies my dilemma I can't decide which one to buy. What are your opinions on these two bows?
Old 04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Fred Bear Bows. Which should I get?

My dealer just recently picked up the Bear line. I don't know alot about them, but the Truth II felt real nice to me. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:46 PM

I would vote for the Truth II if it was a choice...but as it is, I voted for the truth
Old 04-12-2008, 06:35 PM

I shot the Truth II around the same time I shot the Truth. I actually like the feel of the Truth better. And it's a less expensive bow. More then likely I will go with a Truth.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good choice, which ever bow feels and shoots best to you is always the way to go! Never shot one but pulled a few back and didn't feel to bad!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM

I own both the original Truth and now the Truth 2. Both are really nice bows, but the cam design is a better design on the Truth 2. I was getting premature serving wear because my original draw module channelwasn't aligned very well with the cam channel. A different module helped to correct the problem. The asymetrical track on the Truth 2 also helps a lot with serving wear. Thatbeing said, the Truth bow is still a very nice bow in my opinion. So if yourchoice is between the code and the Truth, go with the Truth. If you can afford to upgrade, go with the Truth 2.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO the code is/ was a better shooting bow than either of the truth bows an any in the 2008 line up.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: western outdoors

I own both the original Truth and now the Truth 2. Both are really nice bows, but the cam design is a better design on the Truth 2. I was getting premature serving wear because my original draw module channelwasn't aligned very well with the cam channel. A different module helped to correct the problem. The asymetrical track on the Truth 2 also helps a lot with serving wear. Thatbeing said, the Truth bow is still a very nice bow in my opinion. So if yourchoice is between the code and the Truth, go with the Truth. If you can afford to upgrade, go with the Truth 2.

I agree the truth 2 is better than the regular truth. But on the other handthe truth 2 isover pricedIMO. Sure they are good bows but for the same money you can get a Diamond Marquais (sp?) Mission Journy and several other bows that are better in terms of smoothness quietand speed. Heck for as little as $100 more you can buy a Mathews S2. Anyway with that said I do like the truth 2 (yes I know it doesn't sound like it). We do sell them in our shop but they are about $100 too much IMO. So far we haven't sold many yet, but we also sell and push Mathews, Hoyt, Martin as well. When a customer comes in we always let them shoot them along with the other and sure enough almost everyone says the same thing. "Hum nice bow, but it costs almost the same as such and suchbow which is nicer for almost the same price".
Old 04-12-2008, 09:54 PM

I carry the full line, I like Truth II, Done Deal, Lights Out,Game Over, and the Show Down. So just shoot em and pick one that feels right.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 PM

I was fortunate. I traded in a used bow that I paid just over $500 for a brand new Truth 2 at my local archery shop. I think that they might be a little overpriced, but then again, I think that most bows today are overpriced. Paying a large markup for a name. That being said, I shot many higher priced bows, and the Truth 2 just felt better to me. So I think that price is subjective. Definitely shoot a lot of different bows in your price range. You will find one that feels right for you. And if that bow is already the Truth bow, I do think it is a good bow. Just check the alignment of the two tracks where the cam transitions into the draw module. If they line up well, then you should be good to go. If not, then maybe it needs a different module.

Quick Reply: Fred Bear Bows. Which should I get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.