Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta question >

Tred Barta question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta question

Old 04-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tred Barta question

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Whether you like the man or not........please answer this question objectively.
Your hilarious!!!!How long have you been on HNI???[8D]
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

It seriously doens't threaten me or the way I do things because I think the guy is a joke. He doesn't like blinds because he thinks its not fair and it makes hunting to easy??? Well I don't think its fair to the just fling arrows at Sh*t like he does. Like for example the Caribou episode when he was just lofting arrows at running caribou at like 50 yards, what an idiot.I worry more about making a good shot than I do making the hunt hardout of respect for the animal.

So it neitherthreatens me oroffends me because I don't take him seriously.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Nope.........because it's the truth.

And I actually really like the show and the guy. You can't watch Tred and take everything he says and does seriously. A lot of his persona is tongue in cheek and he pokes a lot of good dry humor at himself.
Very entertaining show and guy if you understand it.

+1
I even watch his fishing shows LOL.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not offended/threatened by him saying the hard way...the Barta way.
I don't necessarily agree that his way is "the hard way" all the timeand I think he should be a little more reponsible with his shot selection. I don't hate the show but I do think he could make some improvements as far as shot selection and how he presents himself. IMO he seems to have a lack of control sometimes because he's excited and I don't think that is a good thing to be teaching or showing newer hunters that may be watching his show. Control your emotions and make good decisionseven when itmay meannotgetting a shot.I don't think he's all bad and have watchedmany episodes thatI really enjoyed. I agree that he is funny and pretty good about not taking himself too seriously and has a good time.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

nope doesn't offend me, but adds to the hype of his show- I personally don't watch him but have tried to watch a few times just can't get through a whole show
bigcountry

When Tred Barta says....."I like to do things MY way.....the HARD way.....the BARTA way"

Does that offend/threaten you?
I can't stand the guy. I actually thought about trying some of his stuff, before I watched the show. I won't watch the guy, and I won't buy his stuff. He's not down to earth, and loves to hear himself talk. If one wants to do things the hard way, fine, do it, don't sit here and proclaim it make a big deal out of it. You look at the great barebow shooters, and you don't see them act that way. You would never see Bryon Fergonson sit there and pound his chest, saying, I do it the hard way, please look at me.

I just don't like anyone to sit there and brag or try to get attention. Thats not being threatened or offended, but makes you want to gag.

Nontypical Buck

No, because it is harder than I make it and I am 100% ok with that. Funny guy, etertaining show, and he shows emotion that shows he actually loves hunting.
Bartender

Nope does not bother me. To each his own.
When I first seen him on TV I was like who is the is fool. But I was guilty of first impression syndrome but now after some time I kind of like the guy.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

When Tred Barta says....."I like to do things MY way.....the HARD way.....the BARTA way"

Does that offend/threaten you?
It doesn't threaten me in the least. Nor does it offend me. Most TV shows are advertisments first, entertainment second... his is often the other way around. I think the guy would be a royal pain to be around... perhaps... I definately wouldn't want to work for him, especially on his boat... but as far as entertainment goes.... the show is fun to watch.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't find him threatening. I do find him amusing (sometimes in the "train wreck you can't turn away from" sort of way). I think he and Uncle Ted are in the same class. Staunchly believe in what they are doing and don't care much how others see them. You have to admire that at some level.

Quick Reply: Tred Barta question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.