Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lazer or Paper tuning ? >

Lazer or Paper tuning ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lazer or Paper tuning ?

Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lazer or Paper tuning ?

Which is better or easier ?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lazer or Paper tuning ?

I only use the laser to set up my centershot. Then I use bareshaft, paper, walkback, and group tuning to get the arrow and bow where I think it needs to be.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 AM

nothing is easy when it comes to this, use the lazer to get you started and paper tune to get it fine tuned to how you and your bow shoot.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 AM

Two different things in my opinion. Laser tuning really isn't tuning in my opinion it is just an accurate way of setting up the bow initially. Tuning is tuning the bow to you and how you shoot. I don't do either most of the time. I just eyeball everything and then jump right to group or bare shaft tuning.

Paul
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Laser and Level tuning is usually ALL I ever need to do. Out of a shooting machine, it would be perfect. You can't set a bow better than center and level imo. After that, poor arrow flight shows issues in either shooter, arrow or issue in the bow itself. At that point, other means of tuning is necessary be it walk back, bare shaft or paper.

Every bow I've laser and leveled shoots perfect arrows and just recently for the hell of it I shot my 82nd through paper, yup, bullet hole!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm new to all of this, and by no means an expert, but I agree with Rob. The amount of DIFFERENT bows he's "tuned" with his lazer (including my Ross), and the fact that they all required very little tweaking to get right (assuming proper spine and lack of form issues) is pretty impressive for a tool that most over on AT bash as just another gadget.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I also look at it this way, if after laser/level tuning, someone paper tunes and gets a big tear, why would you not address the form issue rather than take a bow off center shot to the archer rather than the archer to the bow?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob which lazer(in my best Mr Evil voice) do you have?

I myself have the shop set center shot with the lazer and then I broadhead tune my bow.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 AM

My X force was laser tune, but then I shot it through paper and had a high tear?? I have tuned the bow twice now using paper and have bullet holes now. I did change rest however.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also look at it this way, if after laser/level tuning, someone paper tunes and gets a big tear, why would you not address the form issue rather than take a bow off center shot to the archer rather than the archer to the bow?
I am astounded by your lack of sensitivity, Rob! Daring to say people should work on their skill rather than fiddle around with the bow? OUTRAGEOUS!

[8D]

But, in the meantime while they are working on perfecting their form, I'd rather see them tune the bow to their form than to be struggling along trying to force themselves to match a shooting machine. Give them the best accuracy and arrow flight possible, given their dismal and imperfect shooting skills.

Quick Reply: Lazer or Paper tuning ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.