Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bought a Brand New Diamond Edge! >

Bought a Brand New Diamond Edge!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought a Brand New Diamond Edge!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 AM

Default Bought a Brand New Diamond Edge!

For the wife, she shot it and liked it, picking it up tommorow, anyone else heard anything about this bow?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bought a Brand New Diamond Edge!

It's a great bow with plenty of adjustment. You can get her dialed in to the perfect draw length and it shoots pretty smooth.

My wife started with this bow and my daughter shoots one as well.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

The local archery shop runs a "Kids League" from January until April on Saturday mornings. All three of my sons participated in that, starting 8 years ago. My wife and I would both go with them; the boys developed into extremely good archers, thanks to that. They eventually "aged" out of it... but kept up the sport, and naturally we four guys went hunting each fall, together.

This past fall, my wife - out of the clear blue - asked "Do you suppose any of the boys' old bows would fit me?" They didn't, so after Thanksgiving the two of us went to the shop and she tried out what they had. As soon as The Edge fell into her hands, her face lit up and the bow got a new home. Nearly every Saturday afternoon, now, she's headed off to the range for her "fix", and now that the snow has melted, she's got it into her head that we need our own 25 yard range in the back yard. Buying new bows and accessories is no longer questioned around here: instead, what I hear is "Let me know how that rest works, if it's any good, then I want one too!" and "Don't even think of trying to palm off your old sight on me... if it's not good enough for you, it sure isn't going to be good enough for me!" (she gets cocky like that.) When business trips took me out of town and I'd miss our league nights this winter (the three now-grown boys and I were one team), she sub'd for me, and did fairly well.

Another bow might have developed the same addiction within her, but there's no doubt that The Edge certainly did. It's speedy enough, even at 40#, that she doesn't feel like her arrows are getting lobbed into the target "like a girl". She just truly loves to shoot it - it certainly seems to have all of the characteristics you'd want in a bow. She's already announced that after Memorial Day she's getting 50# limbs installed - a $50 charge from Bowtech/Diamond.... "and when you build me the range in the back yard, you can take the money I'm saving you for shooting fees and buy them!"
Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

The DiamondEdge is a nice Bow and is a great seller.

Dan
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Bow, hope she enjoys it.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the input all appreciate it.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife got one last year and I, and more importantly her, have no complaints whatsoever. It draws smoothly, shoots quietly, is pretty quick everything considered, and is just overall a great bow for the price IMO.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Yeah, i was a little hesitant, but after seeing her shoot it and how easily it is to change the draw and all that I figured why not.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BruceW63

The local archery shop runs a "Kids League" from January until April on Saturday mornings. All three of my sons participated in that, starting 8 years ago. My wife and I would both go with them; the boys developed into extremely good archers, thanks to that. They eventually "aged" out of it... but kept up the sport, and naturally we four guys went hunting each fall, together.

This past fall, my wife - out of the clear blue - asked "Do you suppose any of the boys' old bows would fit me?" They didn't, so after Thanksgiving the two of us went to the shop and she tried out what they had. As soon as The Edge fell into her hands, her face lit up and the bow got a new home. Nearly every Saturday afternoon, now, she's headed off to the range for her "fix", and now that the snow has melted, she's got it into her head that we need our own 25 yard range in the back yard. Buying new bows and accessories is no longer questioned around here: instead, what I hear is "Let me know how that rest works, if it's any good, then I want one too!" and "Don't even think of trying to palm off your old sight on me... if it's not good enough for you, it sure isn't going to be good enough for me!" (she gets cocky like that.) When business trips took me out of town and I'd miss our league nights this winter (the three now-grown boys and I were one team), she sub'd for me, and did fairly well.

Another bow might have developed the same addiction within her, but there's no doubt that The Edge certainly did. It's speedy enough, even at 40#, that she doesn't feel like her arrows are getting lobbed into the target "like a girl". She just truly loves to shoot it - it certainly seems to have all of the characteristics you'd want in a bow. She's already announced that after Memorial Day she's getting 50# limbs installed - a $50 charge from Bowtech/Diamond.... "and when you build me the range in the back yard, you can take the money I'm saving you for shooting fees and buy them!"
Just awesome! Hopefully someday it will happen in my house also.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 PM

Yeah there is a free kids league here in Anchorage that the club I am in started, Great program for anyone here in Alaska.