Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North American Super Slam >

North American Super Slam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North American Super Slam

Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's pretty damn cool there Tony!! Tell your bud congratulation's from me, that's outstanding!!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Schultzy
That's pretty damn cool there Tony!! Tell your bud congratulation's from me, that's outstanding!!
X2!

Dan
Old 02-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by huntingson
So the Super Slam is a long-term dream of mine and I have spent a lot of time researching different species, where to hunt them, etc. However, I am beginning to realize that you have to be a multi-millionaire to be able to afford to complete the slam. For example, desert big horn sheep are nearly impossible to draw a tag. You could put in for years and never draw a tag, or by the time you do you are too old to actually go hunt the dang things because you have arthritis and a walker for Pete's sake. What does it cost to go to Mexico to hunt them you ask?Solomente 60,000dolares Americano (that means $60,000). A stone sheep hunt you ask? Well, those are a bargain at $10,000-$15000 plus a nice "trophy fee" of anywhere between $5000 and $9000. Grizzly, well if you kill one it is a steal at $14000. Who in the hell can actually accomplish this? If I started now and killed one new species per year, it would take me 21 years to complete the slam and cost me approximately my left arm, right leg, and both you know whats (and they rhyme with "whats").

You used to be able to hunt black bear in Ontario for $19. That was the license fee... $19 and you didn't need a guide. Now, a good price is $1000.

Oh well, what's one more dream flushed down the toilet of life?

And it is raining... PERFECT!!!

my best friend asked me what he should get my son for his first birth day. i told him "a box of pain and shattered dreams", because that's what i get every holliday.

but i'm slowly picking away at the super slam.

in 20 more years i may get them all.