Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stand Placement Suggestions >

Stand Placement Suggestions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand Placement Suggestions

Old 04-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Stand Placement Suggestions

Ok guys...lets hear your suggestions for Stand locations.

I pretty much canhunt south of the Highway and East of the road that runs up the middle of pic.

That is a abandoned apple orchard in the pic. It still produces some apples but is not an active orchard.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stand Placement Suggestions

I am very interested in how someone can pic a spot out from looking at a pic like this??? I cant wait too see!! I dont have a clue?!?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The abandoned apple orchard would be one of the first places I would look at. I also like the looks of the little secluded fields to the east. Are they planted? I am guessing that is a creek that runs just west of the fields, I would be looking that over to see if they have a preferred crossing area. A topo map would be a huge help with as much timber as you have.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hell,I want to know how they were able save the pic. I tried to save my hunting ground pic in Google earth and it won't let me, let me know how you did it Ranger????
Old 04-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be checking out that ditch/creek running between the large field and 2 smaller ones
Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

The abandoned apple orchard would be one of the first places I would look at. I also like the looks of the little secluded fields to the east. Are they planted? I am guessing that is a creek that runs just west of the fields, I would be looking that over to see if they have a preferred crossing area. A topo map would be a huge help with as much timber as you have.
Kickin,

The little fields to the east are actually Pear orchards. They too are abandoned. And yes that is a creek that runs west of the fields.

Oil,
I clicked File, Save Image to my documents and then uploaded it to Photobucket.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:37 PM

Whats the scale? How many acres are we looking at? Is it mature timber? What is that sport of darker timber north of the field? Is the apple orchard grown over or do the bush hog it? Give us some more details!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

man those abandoned pear orchards is where i would put in a lil food plot and in the middle of that timber it would be awesome! how many acres are there and how many acres are the abandoned pear orchards
Old 04-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

If that field is currently producing crops, I would place a stand to intercept deer bedded in those pines to the north of it......also, to the southwest, there seems to be some thicker cover....try to set up where the cover changes from thick, to medium, to no cover....I love setting up on "inside edges" that occur when cover changes or overlaps. Those are just my humble opinions. Best of luck.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would look for any possible fencelines along the creek and find areas where the fence is down or partially down near a shallow area of the creek where they would cross. It is hard without a topo but I like the shortest distance between feeding areas where there is water nearby.

There darker grouping of trees north of the orchard, are they oaks? If they are oaks you will also have the liklihood of deer traveling from the orchard to them as part of their travel path as long as there is a good acorn crop.

I would also walk though the woods along any deer trails and look up, chances are someone hunted it in the past and already has an area marked for you.

Quick Reply: Stand Placement Suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.