Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How should we handle this? >

How should we handle this?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How should we handle this?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How should we handle this?

Well who has seniority? I say let them decide.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Put some sleeping pills in his coffee . Maybe he will fall asleep at camp . j/k
Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 PM

I'd quit worrying about the wind and go hunting with him any way he wants to hunt. He may not have many more years to hunt with or without you and when they are gone, so is that pool of your memories.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

I never said you "let" him do anything. You have me confused with someone else.
Yeap, confused you with someone else. Completely my bad.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I don't think ICALL2MUCH is putting hunting before family or anything at all, I don't even think he has created a trivial issue. Its very easy to sit here and tell him he's wrong because he's "not doing what his grandpa wants" But thats not the case at all as it seems as thought he just wanting advice as to how to approach and convince his grandpa in regards to the situation. Its so easy to say, "well just quit worrying about something, family should come first." And in reality, family should come before everything else. But how many of us have went to a baseball game or went hunting ourselves when we had extra time that could be spent going to see a loved one. I think were giving ourselves too much credit here
Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 PM

So he doesn't want to kill anything?? Then ask him if you can hunt that spot if he is in the best spots, you all paid the money right?? Then he needs to let you guys hunt the good spots too. I know he's your pop, but fair is fair, I mean I would see if he would sit in another stand that has some action, maybe lots of does and small bucks, if he's notshooting, what does it matter anyway as long as he is seeing animals and enjoying the woods. Just my opinion.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you are way off base here. You have no idea how lucky you are just to be able to spend time in the woods with your grandpa. I wish I could! However, if this is going to be an issue for you and your dad, maybe purchasing some box blinds might be a good solution. They are safe for your grandpa, help a little with scent, and you will always know where he is. Just some ideas, but I think the best is to just the man enjoy being in the woods.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, I don't think ICALL2MUCH is putting hunting before family or anything at all, I don't even think he has created a trivial issue. Its very easy to sit here and tell him he's wrong because he's "not doing what his grandpa wants" But thats not the case at all as it seems as thought he just wanting advice as to how to approach and convince his grandpa in regards to the situation. Its so easy to say, "well just quit worrying about something, family should come first." And in reality, family should come before everything else. But how many of us have went to a baseball game or went hunting ourselves when we had extra time that could be spent going to see a loved one. I think were giving ourselves too much credit here
Thanks man, kinda what I was thinking! We are going to love and hunt with him here, regardless. Just asking for opinions!

So he doesn't want to kill anything?? Then ask him if you can hunt that spot if he is in the best spots, you all paid the money right?? Then he needs to let you guys hunt the good spots too. I know he's your pop, but fair is fair, I mean I would see if he would sit in another stand that has some action, maybe lots of does and small bucks, if he's not shooting, what does it matter anyway as long as he is seeing animals and enjoying the woods. Just my opinion.
Good point. The problem though is more when he is by himself. When we are with him, we kinda try to direct and help him with this!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are my thoghts on it.

If you've asked him to do differently and he won't, then let him do his thing. If he often goes out and doesn't shoot anything I think all he'll do to your area is get the deer used to human sent. I hunted on an army base that constantly had people in the woods (no scent control there) The deer were thick in there. Hunting was good. So When you use scent control they are even less likely to get alarmed because they are used to some human scent. JMO

Enjoy the time with him while you can.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

option #1 hold him down and spray him with some scent blocker.

option #2 quit whining and scout harder, hunt harder and it will all pay off.

Side note: your grandfather is 70 enjoy the time you have left with him... Alot of us dont have there grandfathers to hunt with[&o]

Quick Reply: How should we handle this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.