Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Made My Own STS/MeanV String Suppressor....Cheap! >

Made My Own STS/MeanV String Suppressor....Cheap!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Made My Own STS/MeanV String Suppressor....Cheap!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Made My Own STS/MeanV String Suppressor....Cheap!

John, thanks for the tip that is great. MeanV might not be too happy about it, but I have a feeling he'll still see plenty of business. Heck, if guys want to make their own and have it camoed they could send it to him for dipping. So, he could still make some $$ on this.

MeanV, maybe you could send out a DIY kit offered in your camos for a couple bucks less. Hmmm.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are plenty of companies that camo dip just about anything if you feel the need! Do a google search!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder why MeanV hasnt dropped in to compliment BigJ....?[:-]
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

There are plenty of companies that camo dip just about anything if you feel the need! Do a google search!
I know that, but I figured since this idea would obviously take some business away from MeanV maybe plant some seeds to still help a brotha out with the DIY guys.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Meanv has sold over 1500 items on ebay alone with only 1 negative feedback. His Rating is 99.9%

Add in what he has sold here and on AT..These 30 (now 31) replies are of little concern to him. He makes a quality product love'em or hate'em on a personal level, his quality product will continue to sell. Because customer satisfaction and word of mouth is king.

I would imagine if he addresses this post at all it would be in a positive fashion..maybe even add some helpful hints for the DIY'r .

Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Meanv has sold over 1500 items on ebay alone with only 1 negative feedback. His Rating is 99.9%

Add in what he has sold here and on AT..These 30 (now 31) replies are of little concern to him. He makes a quality product love'em or hate'em on a personal level, his quality product will continue to sell. Because customer satisfaction and word of mouth is king.

I would imagine if he addresses this post at all it would be in a positive fashion..maybe even add some helpful hints for the DIY'r .

True, which is why I still like to help a brotha out. And I like to say help a brotha out.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Site Bouncer

Hold on there folks...My post has NOTHING to do with MeanV...STS...or any other string suppressor in particular. I wasn't "targeting" anyone business, LOL get real. All I did was post an easy "Do It Yourself" job that pretty muchanyone with a hacksaw can do.

TeeJay,

You trying to tell me you never go to a Pro Shop? If you don't want to make a special trip, then just wait till the next time you go. Or, order the parts on line if you're so fond of that method.

I like to change my own oil and I like to tinker with stuff, that's all I did here. I was in a shop and saw a string suppressor on the rack, I had posted that I was milling around the thought of trying one out, so while I'm looking at it I thought to my self "hell you can make this....it's just a cableguide rod with a rubber stopper on the end!" That's how I got the idea.

It's not about money for me, I played enough in the NFL to not have to worry about money, but that doesn't mean I have to throw it away either does it? I thought this was a very viable "DYI" projectfor someone who doesn't want to spend the money on a brand new commercial suppressor..... and it is!

This wasn't meant to diminish MeanV or STS or any other suppressor manufacturer, I'm sure they make a fine product that I might even purchase one day.

What's wrong with someone showing others how to build a better mousetrap....or in this case a less expensive one?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya John, I go to another site where they hare a forum with step by step build along threads that are the coolest threads there are. Picture by picture as well, for me I get complete satisfaction doing something for myself! I for one never thought you were doing anything but helping out other members who might like to try and do something for themselves and get some satisfaction from it and save a buck or two to boot! Some folks just don't get it!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the tip, John!

YA know....somebody might just see this thread and start their own business. It's probably happened before
Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Bartender

Thanks BigJ.

Quick Reply: Made My Own STS/MeanV String Suppressor....Cheap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.