Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are ya'll's Backgrounds? >

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

My dad was a lettuce/just about anythinggrower, in the armpit of the southwest (Yuma, Az). Lived about 25mi outside of town, our closest neighbors were about 1/2mi away, hunted and fished just about every weekend I could remember...and even ditched quite a few days of school to go hunting or fishing.
Lots of Muleys around were we lived.Big Horn sheep north of us on the Kofa game range about 30 miles.Great dove & quail hunting. We could go dove hunting in our back yard if we wanted to.
Duck season was also great there...along the Colorado River.
Now I reside in California, but I might go back there..
Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 PM

My family has lived in the same town since 1894. I live in the middle of the woods and can huntjust about anywhere.The lake is only 2 miles from my house so I can go fishing all the time.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 PM

Lived in a small town (maybe 2500 people). Grew up fishing all the time. Got into hunting through my grandpa and cant imagine my life without it or him. I work on afarm. I spend every summer going all over the state driving a combine and cuttin wheat.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

I graduated highschool ('86) a country boy, moved to the beach the next year...surfed the east coast until 2001...bought 5 acres in the country and moved back home! Got married, have a 4 yr old daughter, and thats all she wrote!

I have 5 acres that border a dairy cattle farm on one side, and an equestrian ranch on the other. My property value has tripled in the 4 years I have owned it...so I think im gonna like this country living!

I love being able to fish in my yard ( I have a 1 1/2 acre pond stocked with bass, catfish, croppie, etc.) and sitting in my tree stand beside the pond. All of the leases that I have for hunting properties are within 10 miles from my house. You know you live in the country when it takes 20 minutes for a cop to come if you dial 911! A boy flipped his truck in front of my home and he died waiting for an ambulance!

Im also glad that we cant hunt on Sunday's...I cant stand to miss a race! NASCAR!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Grew up in the country with amish neighbors. Didnt have a farm but smelled manure every day
Old 03-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Detroit Rock City!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've lived in the country all my life. Started out in a home on 3 acres. I went everyday to my great-grandpa's farm to help my dad take care of the place. I loved it there, it's where I learned everything. How to run cows, plow, disc, hay, combine. We restored a '49 B john deere when I was young. Shortly after he passed (when I was in 5th grade) we bought the farm. My dad got into farming pretty quickly. I've been around cattle, and farming my whole life. Town of 2000 people, including a prison, and graduated with 78.

This year, I made the step to college. My dad couldn't keep up with the cows, so he sold them. I'm majoring in Wildlife Biology. There is my life in a nut shell.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

I grew up in a Farming Community....I worked on farms as jobs during the summer through the last couple years of High School. I lived in town with a population of 611 people. Went to school for automotive in Laramie, Wyoming. After my first couple of jobs I decided to keep that a Hobby. I then got into Welding (learned at school) and here I am. Been welding for around 3 years now.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Born and raised in Central PA. Grew up in the country, riding fourwheelers and souped up lawnmowers with a brother that helped me shoot and break everything that we could find. Left for college an hour away and came directly back to live and work in the same area. Love it here and hope to raise my own family in the same traditions that I was so fortunate to experience as a child.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Country Boy all the way.

Quick Reply: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.