Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are ya'll's Backgrounds? >

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Ive lived in the same place all 19 years of my life, in the country, Im not seperated from civilization, I have neighbors all around, yet when i go hunting, I walk out my back door
Old 03-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

farmboy/ redneck/pimp/GQ around school and my ladies im a GQ and PIMP! lol but when i get to my farm im a completely different person. im more of a redneck than a lot of the country folk that are up in gallatin.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Small town here....Picken rocks behind the tractor and workin Beets and Potatos.Partied hard 74-81.....Got into Automotive back in81 and then in 96 tried Bartending/Mng for 10 yrs also worked on semi trailers i.e dry vans,reffers,curtan vans for 2yrsand now iam in the boat parts biz.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rory, I am just a pitcher at the college level but played third and pitched all through high school. Rob, farm work sure does teach you to have a good work ethic doesn't it!! Steven, I am what i call Rodeo GQ i got it down boots everyday haton at all the parties i havemorebucklesthani do tennis shoes!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in the Country, 3 miles or so outta town and our town only has 850 people.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grew up raising cattle in Texas, small town, dirt roads and pasture parties. Graduating class of 26...haha
Out of highschool went to work in the oilfield and then 15 years later still there. I have hunted and fished my whole life, fishing is fun but hunting is life......
Old 03-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you work your cattle off of horses oil?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir, we had the working pens, squeeze chootes and all......
Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

lived in a small town all my life...still do...but always been a farm boy at heart..

aunt and uncle own a wanna be horse farm...i started working for him when i was real young...cutting grass, weedwacking, cleaning the barn, bailing hay...whatever...my aunt knew a lady that needed a barn cleaner...i took the job...50$ every saturday to clean 8 horse stalls...she must been loaded with money cause instead of straw she bedded with wood chips..i wish she used straw, but whatever...still easy work...after i got a feel for the stalls i was out of there within 3hours or so...thats good money!!! then she moved to NC then i started hanging around my best friend alot...his uncle has a dairy farm...the last couple years i became closer to his uncle than i am with my own uncles...thats no joke..if/when i move away, im going to miss him and his 2 daughters and their farm more than anything else...i honestly consider them family and they consider me family...im like the son he never had...i rather spend a friday night with him chasing coon hounds than with my buddies drinkin beers and chasin girls and gettin into trouble...started off i just went out there to hunt when my buddy asked me...then i started hanging around at milking time BSing...now, i practically live there...even slept there a couple times lol...

hard to call me a farm boy being i dont technically live on a farm...but i spent more time on a farm than some "farmboys" do...ive pulled out piles of calves...helped the vet untwist stomachs...ive threw hay and straw...ive ground and mixed and bagged feed...ive pitched stalls..ive bedded stalls...ive pulled hay wagons and gravity wagons...i can drive a tractor...this spring i hope to get a little more tractor driving down...some reason i havent been able to drive any of the fullsized Deeres..i just never seem to be around when anyones doing any work in the fields...id like to get some more expirience come spring so i can put it down on the resume...might not be a true farm boy...and know i havent done and seen it all....but ive learned and done alot over the years...thats part of what i love about being out there...always something going on and something to be done and i can always learn...if nothings going on we will rebuild a tractor or work on a farm truck...night time we go coon hunting or square dancing or line dancing...(i dont square dance and just finally gave line dancing a real try a couple weeks ago though i goto the line dancing club pretty often..)

when im not at the farm, im at college for the week lol...major is Park and Resource Management...about to finish my 3rd year...certified in wildfire suppression, basic search and rescue techniques, and next year i should be going through the National Park Ranger Training program to become a law enforcement ranger in a national park...dont know if i wanna end up in a national park, but thats where i'll start off...got a couple different options for this summer..trying to get something to work out...
Old 03-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grew up in and lived in the woods my entire childhood. Never drove in traffic till I moved to York, PA for college. Unfortunately since 1998 I've been living in suburbs. My heart is in the country though, thats for sure. The HS I went to in VT had a class of about 50, and the HS I graduated from in PA had about 100. I'm hoping to buy/build something in the country in the next 5 years.

Quick Reply: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.