Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The search for the right mechanical BH >

The search for the right mechanical BH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The search for the right mechanical BH

Old 03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The search for the right mechanical BH

... is starting to looka littlebleak. As soon as I start toto take an interesta BH, Ilearn something aboutit I don't agree with, dislike, or find bad reviews on it.

First was the Grim Reaper. Nothing wrong with this BHexcept it was a jacknife.

Second was the Trophy Ridge undertaker but I don't like the deployment method.Watching the video on their website, it looks like there's some sort of spring tension involved in the blade deployment that could suck more KE than I wanna give up.

Third was the G5 Tekan II which got some really poor reviews from a link I found. Some people reported bad blood trails and others had problems with the blades constantly deploying in the quiver. This was with the 1 5/16 cutting diameter head.

There's of course the Rage but man the ferrule design on that thing is just hideous to me. I also don't like the issue with the o-rings getting torn up. They're expensive to begin with, the replacement blades are as well, and then on top of that you gotta keep replacing o-rings? Seems like too much headache.

uhhhhh maybe I should just go back to... see below...
Old 03-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: The search for the right mechanical BH

I also don't like the issue with the o-rings getting torn up.
How would this happen....and why woud you have to replace them.....other than when you replace blades?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I refuse to respond to you due in fact this will just turn into another Rage thread. I'll PM you Jeff.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

You're getting bad info, buddy.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot a 100 grain 2 1/2" 2-blade vortex for over ten years and have had more animals than I can remember fall victim to them. I never did do all the research back then, I just asked a couple buddies that had been doing this for awhile what they suggested and they both told me vortex's and they haven't failed me on any animal that I have hunted from turkey to exotic's and everything in between. Good luck on your quest.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use the Snypers, I don't see your issue with the O rings either.

Broadheads, (ALL broadheads) are one shot and done. To practice I either tie them shot or use thin strips of tape. The ORings are the last thing to worry about.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I started to take an interest in your snypers as well. Only, the rubber band deal turned me off a bit. I don't remember since I've only been dizzying myself with google searches but, do the snypers use the o-ring like the Rages do too? And the cam system is same?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

oilpatch, just took a peek at your vortex's and they're a jacknife style. I'm trying to stay away from those. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Punchcutters. Check out Punchcutters.

j/k I don't even think they make these anymore - but I killed hordes of deer with 'em back in the day.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I already told you toease you mind and justget some slick tricks. Problem solved.

They fly as good as any mechanical, are 100% steel so they area heck of a lot stronger than any mechanical made or aluminum fizxed head, no flimsy blades,, No rubber bands or o-ringsto worry about, theycut huge ammounts of tissue (more than many mechanicals even).

What's not to like?

Do you shoot 100 grain or 125 grain heads?

Quick Reply: The search for the right mechanical BH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.