Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The search for the right mechanical BH >

The search for the right mechanical BH

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The search for the right mechanical BH

Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The search for the right mechanical BH

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Steve my buddy shoots the Snuffers, swears by them, shoot em' thru his Bear recurve's. Seen pictures of some pretty good damage they did, no personal experience with them but maybe one day! Sure would like to take some pictures of the damage the Magnus 2 blades I'm shooting this fall, should be good if I get the chance!
I think you got yourself a fine head there Joe! I'm waiting to see what they do for you. My dads a 2 blade nut so if you have some good luck with them I'm going to pick some up for the old man. My dad shoots the old Satelite II heads, 175 grain I think and there a 2 blade Cut On Contact (great head too). They don't make them anymore, he's only got a few left. Otherwise he's going with the 150 grain 3 blade snuffers if he can't find a 2 blade he likes.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74
3 inch cutting diameter or 3/4 inch ....bust the lungs and you're in like flynn.
I agree!! I always get a chuckle when I hear someone say "I hit that Deer perfect and that lousy broadhead gave me No Blood trail"

I have killed deer with around 40 different types, brands, and models of Broadheads, and Blood Trails/results (as long as the head is Sharp) is dependant on where you put it not so much the cutting diameter.

When I first started using 4 blade 90 grain 1" cutMuzzys, my buddy I hunted with said if I ever shot anything with them that they would run out of the county. First deer I shot with that head was a nice 8 point and he ran about 80 yards leaving behind a 4' wide blood trail.

Carl's jaw was hanging open the whole time we followed that trail.

It didn't take long.

Dan
Old 03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Dan, you need to hire a dude to add all the stuff to your site bro. No 4" shield cuts listed, no grizz tricks listed.....Sheesh, what kinda outfit are you running here??

Like I need more broadheads, but I'm pretty sure I'll be killing mine w/ grizztricks this year. That magnum was one impressive sight to behold.
Don, I talked to Gary this week No Grizz Tricks until June

Dan
Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Well that's depressing, but.......season doesn't open till Sept so I guess we'll be ok.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well that's depressing, but.......season doesn't open till Sept so I guess we'll be ok.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I may use them on my FMJ's that have the 100 grain HIT Brass inserts and shoot them out of the Airborne 82!

Oughtta hit with a Thud!

Dan
Old 03-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

bigbulls, you do know who annika3 is? I guess he's ashamed to put it in his signature

Dan
meanv....What's the point of this post, I don't get it???? Why don't you explain yourself????
I insinuated a promise to someone that I wouldn't disclose the information. Or was it that I just wouldn't disclose who I heard it from? hmmm can't remember, I'll just stay quiet.

You know guys, I was imagining a weather situation where it is drizzling then the temperature drops below freezing. That moisture now trapped inside the mechanisms of the BH could freeze then prevent proper operation. Some of you guys who's been following my little saga know that I've gone from undecided to decided back to undecided. For now, I think that unless I find a mechanical BH with a sturdyfail-safe design, I'll just plan on sticking with a fixed BH.

The main reason why I even startedwanting tojump the fence is because my muzzy's hit 2 inches lower thanmy FP's. This hit though is consistent so if I justsight forit I should be alright unless the wind is blowing a steady 25mph.And in these conditions, I probably wouldn't be out anywayor if I was, I wouldn't be taking a long shot where the wind has time to play with my arrow.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

The perfect mechanical broad head has fixed blades .
Old 03-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

For now, I think that unless I find a mechanical BH with a sturdyfail-safe design, I'll just plan on sticking with a fixed BH.
Looks like you are going to be sticking with a fixed balde. There is no such thing as a fail-safe mechanical anything.