Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mean V or STS

Old 03-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mean V or STS

Another:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f5Q3rO9nhmg

Old 03-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last one:

THis one is really crazy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A7hxjTP-8zg
Old 03-19-2008, 10:47 AM

Get a meanV. You cant beat the price for a dipped string suppressor. An sts will cost you the same if not more anyway. Although they are not adjustable for each bow you have they have their benifits also. Number one they arent so bulky like the sts is. they have a big shunk of sqaure metal hanging off one side of them. The meanvs are a nice size and look a lot better imo.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get the MeanV:

Cleaner appearance
Lighter weight
Superb customer support
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 PM

okay now ive seen the video without the string supressor now how about when its on the bow?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant find one
Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said MOmightymite....
Old 03-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Joel,

A string suppressor serves a few different functions... It's a device that is usually (when applicable) attached to the rear stabilizer bushing and stretches back to make contact with the string at brace.

Upon firing the bow, the suppressor serves to stop the string from going past brace (though it will obviously above or below at some point), thus enabling the shooter to wear bulkier clothing in the winter and not be as subject to "wrist slap" or, in this case, "clothing slap."

Its main functionality and benefit that has garnered accolades from legions of fans is both its vibration-reducing and, more especially, its sound-dampening abilities. Some also claim a "cleaner" release as well -- the concept being that the string doesn't oscillate beyond brace at the shot and "pull" at the arrow as it tries to release itself from the string. Those proponents have often claimed picking up a few extra fps as a result of that.

Now... for the question at hand.

I first started using MeanV suppressors before I had any idea of who Dan was as a person. I simply thought they looked MUCH cleaner than the blocky STS version. (And I say "version" for a reason; contrary to what the company would have you believe, they do NOT have exclusive rights to the concept -- and they were NOT the originators of the concept. Heck, I've still got a much-older version of a suppressor in my home archery shop still in its package made by Saunders called the Deadly Quiet. I had one of Saunders' supressors on my very first bow when I took my first deer and turkey...)

I like the idea of a custom-fit, dipped-to-match suppressor offering much cleaner aesthetics with top-notch performance and exemplary customer service. MeanV suppressors and Dan's feedback on his customer service have garnered somewhere near 30,000 responses across various internet boards -- with something like a 99.99% positive rating.

I've got a MeanV on every bow I own that doesn't come from the factory with its own suppressor.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres mine in MO Obsession. Perfect match in camo, just slightly lighter tinted. You wont be disappointed.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:40 PM

well i was going to get a meanv, but then i noticed my bow dosnt have a rear stablizer hole, so i will have to go with a front mount sts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.