Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stumbled upon a Murder scene today >

Stumbled upon a Murder scene today

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stumbled upon a Murder scene today

Old 03-16-2008, 02:57 PM

Default Stumbled upon a Murder scene today

Well today I ventured over to the farm I have permission to hunt and was doing some shed hunting/turkey scouting when I stubled across this.

Looks like something got ahold of one of the turkeys running around the farm. Couldn't really determine what it was though. My guess is coyote or one of the farmers dogs, but im not sure. I do know however a skunk came in to clean up the remains because the area smells like a skunk. I couldn't even take the primary feathers I found because they smelled like a skunk [:'(]. Oh well. I couldn't determine weather it was a hen or a gobbler, all I found were the thigh bones and the main bones from the body that was it.

But I do have to say it was a decent day in the woods overall, just before this find a couple of hundred yards away a bumped into a flock of about 8 gobblers and jakes and I ran into another larger group later on with a mix of hens and jakes from what I could tell. all in all about 24 birds between the 2 groups. And I managed to run into 6 deer on my jaunt through the woods. One was a very large deer that either could be a pregnant doe or the good sized buck I know is on the farm running around. I didn't get a good look at it because I forgot my binoculars[:@]. DUH me.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stumbled upon a Murder scene today

Sounds like a cool day....We had a good time in Catawissa. Rob will have a post soon I am sure. Good job keeping tabs on those birds bud.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a productive hike you had today!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

Sounds like a cool day....We had a good time in Catawissa. Rob will have a post soon I am sure. Good job keeping tabs on those birds bud.
Yeah I wish I could have been there Ben. Just a little far to drive that distance every week with gas prices the way they are. Seeing those birds today really got my blood pumping and I believe I found a new stand location for next archery season that has the potential to be productive, I will be keeping tabs on that location all spring and summer.

Maybe we can try to get together an hunt this spring Ben if you have a free saturday still.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya man...I know that the first saturday I am still on my way back from the honeymoon and I plan to hunt with tkycaller on one other, but other than that I am wide open....we will have to work on that. Missed a good one today... right off the bat the first two targets were a spinning turkey(25 yrds)and a spinning coon(24 yrds), then the standing bear about (31yrds) and to shoot the bear ya had to go by a beam and about 3 x mas trees...after that the course was still a challenge but what a way to start.[8D]
Old 03-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

ya man...I know that the first saturday I am still on my way back from the honeymoon and I plan to hunt with tkycaller on one other, but other than that I am wide open....we will have to work on that. Missed a good one today... right off the bat the first two targets were a spinning turkey(25 yrds)and a spinning coon(24 yrds), then the standing bear about (31yrds) and to shoot the bear ya had to go by a beam and about 3 x mas trees...after that the course was still a challenge but what a way to start.[8D]
2 spinners right off the bat.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:24 PM

OUCH! What a way to start a freaking course! I always love a challenge though. Yeah I am hunting with Denny on may 10th, But right now I have pretty much every other saturday open except for may 3rd. PM me and we can discuss it.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to call in the CSI Boys to get to the bottom of the murder.

I was out at my prop today and jumped a flock of maybe 20 birds. They took off before I could get close enought to see what they were. Whatever they were, that is a good thing.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I often wonder what happened when I stumble across a turkey crime scene like that one. We'll never really know. Coyote, bear, bobcat, bird of prey, all could be suspects?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like you could get some fletching out of some of the feather there!

Quick Reply: Stumbled upon a Murder scene today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.