HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stumbled upon a Murder scene today
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 02:57 PM
PA Hardwoods

Default Stumbled upon a Murder scene today

Well today I ventured over to the farm I have permission to hunt and was doing some shed hunting/turkey scouting when I stubled across this.

Looks like something got ahold of one of the turkeys running around the farm. Couldn't really determine what it was though. My guess is coyote or one of the farmers dogs, but im not sure. I do know however a skunk came in to clean up the remains because the area smells like a skunk. I couldn't even take the primary feathers I found because they smelled like a skunk [:'(]. Oh well. I couldn't determine weather it was a hen or a gobbler, all I found were the thigh bones and the main bones from the body that was it.

But I do have to say it was a decent day in the woods overall, just before this find a couple of hundred yards away a bumped into a flock of about 8 gobblers and jakes and I ran into another larger group later on with a mix of hens and jakes from what I could tell. all in all about 24 birds between the 2 groups. And I managed to run into 6 deer on my jaunt through the woods. One was a very large deer that either could be a pregnant doe or the good sized buck I know is on the farm running around. I didn't get a good look at it because I forgot my binoculars[:@]. DUH me.