Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anonymous Poll:  Do you lie? >

Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, if the situation is right, I'll tell a fib to keep my areas safe.
45.60%
I tell the whole truth all the time
6.40%
I carefully choose my words and avoid "spilling the beans" w/o "lying"
48.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

Obviously, you share your info with your hunting buds, everyone does (or at least I'd HOPE you do) LOL.

But, if you ran into a perfect stranger who legally had access to hunt the same areas as you do - and he says "Have you been seeing anything so far this season?" (and for the sake of argument, let's say that you've been having a little bit of action).

How do you respond? Be honest - this is a totallyanonymous poll.

3 choices:
[ol][*]Lie to protect your own interest. Tell him whatever you've gotta tell him to keep him clear of your stand sites.[*]Spill your guts[*]Not necessarily "lie," but dance around the truth.[/ol]
"nobody else is allowed to hunt my area" is not a sufficient answer.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

The only guy I have ever lied to was someone is an outfitter, and I knew if I told him what I had been seeing, I would be seeing my hunting ground go bye-bye.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

so far, I have just told what I know. I've met them coming out of the woods and we get to talking and I tell them what I see, and where I see it,where we are and I tell them about places to hunt they may not know about and what I see there. The guys I have talked seemed to do the same to me although they could have been "dancing" or lying and I wouldn't have known, but they did tell me about some nice deer they, or their buddies, saw.

There may come a time when I dance around the truth,I don't know, but if I didn't want someone to know something I wouldn't lie, I would just not say anything or I would say I am not going to tell them.

I don't really see many other hunters when and where I hunt. I am not sure why.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing is anonymous, the Mods see all and know all! And I would lie like a rug to keep the pressure off.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess you guys are nicer than me. My lips are sealed if it is a stranger. "Nope, haven't seen anything, going to go home and look at pictures of deer to remember what they look like."
Old 03-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't lie, no real reason for me since I'm not really interested in big bucks. So, I would be inclined to help a fellow hunter out if that is his goal.

But then again, if folks here are prone to lie, then you may not be able to believe their responses to this poll[8D]
Old 03-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like a hound onthe porch inthe middleAugust .[:-]
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I primarily hunt public ground..I'll lie my azz off

I'm not talking Bow Hunting "Buddies" as I really don't have any that live around me anymore.

But to John Q Public who happens to park in the same lot I do, and asks how it went. I never see anything! [:-]
Old 03-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well if his question is really, "Have you been seeing anything so far this season" I'll tell him the truth. The term "Anything" is extremely broad, and basically you could fit any object into that void. Deer, turkeys, squirrels, that all counts.

I've had seen way too many places get ruined because the wrong people were given information. The way I look at it is this... I do my homework, I scout, I ask for permission... if they're willing to do the same then, more power to them. But I'm not putting in my effort to give it the results to a perfect stranger. Sorry.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe this is the answer you're looking for.

Quick Reply: Anonymous Poll: Do you lie?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.