Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow with only 4" of drop from 0-32yds. >

Bow with only 4" of drop from 0-32yds.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow with only 4" of drop from 0-32yds.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow with only 4" of drop from 0-32yds.

Might work with some Kentucky windage,no way to hold dead on.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

My program is down but I have run that scenario many times on it.

Remember that the pin is set for 25-28 yards.The drop from there to 32 on a fast bow will be around 4" which is exactly what he says he shoots low,now all that is left is to figure how high will the arrow be at it's highest point,my experience tells me about 3".WHEN 0 IS27 YARDS.

It just can't be dead on at the bow due to sight paralax,(arrow is below the pin)
But what he was claiming was his bow is dead on to 2" high all the way out to 32yds, meaning if shot level to the ground, it would only have 4" of drop total over that distance. His arc would only be 2" high.

I get a start out of 3.95" below zero, to a rise of 1.54" above zero at 400fps, total variation of 5.5." Now he's claiming only 2" of variation.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

My program is down but I have run that scenario many times on it.

Remember that the pin is set for 25-28 yards.The drop from there to 32 on a fast bow will be around 4" which is exactly what he says he shoots low,now all that is left is to figure how high will the arrow be at it's highest point,my experience tells me about 3".WHEN 0 IS27 YARDS.

It just can't be dead on at the bow due to sight paralax,(arrow is below the pin)
But what he was claiming was his bow is dead on to 2" high all the way out to 32yds, meaning if shot level to the ground, it would only have 4" of drop total over that distance. His arc would only be 2" high.

NO IT DOESN"T

A BOW IS NOT SHOT LEVEL TO THE GROUND,IT IS POINTED UP he is claiming he has a 6" arc in histrajectory.2" high at 17 -18 yards clearly states that his 0 is not 20,that would mean that his 0 is much closer to what I am saying,I am assuming 27 yards.

He might be off a little but not as much as people think.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

The original post is feasable except for the dead on at 0.The bow will be a couple inches low at the bow due to the sight paralax(line of sight above arrow) and then if the bow is zeroed from 25-28 yards,the trajectory would allow it to be just about what he said,especially if it isa reasonably fast bows,even a slower bow can be pretty close to it.
No way.The scenario you describe would have the max distance abovex=0 to be 2 inches. Not gonna happen.

Do you have any understanding of what sight paralax is?

Here is a clue,I gave you a description of what it is on a bow.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, that's not how it works. You need to campare to line of sight rather than the ground.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

correct, and that is something I did not factor into my calcs before....lets see, 2" low initially, 2" high at 16.2 yards, 2" low at 32 yards at 337 fps w/0 air resistance....wow.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

correct, and that is something I did not factor into my calcs before....lets see, 2" low initially, 2" high at 16.2 yards, 2" low at 32 yards at 337 fps w/0 air resistance....wow.
Imagine that

No resistance,does that calculate speed loss?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

Imagine that

No resistance,does that calculate speed loss?
That is assuming no speed loss either. Ah well, in theory. But not as far out as 600 +
Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

There would be considerable speed loss but you would use the average speed to that distance and your scenario was only a 2" drop at 32,not 4"
Old 03-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only lose about 20 fps at 30 yards so you could use an average of 10 fps speed lossto calculate withto get in the ball park.

Quick Reply: Bow with only 4" of drop from 0-32yds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.