Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The most reliable truck for bowhunting? >

The most reliable truck for bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ford
25.27%
Chevy/GMC
31.87%
Dodge
18.68%
Toyota
19.78%
Nissan
4.40%
Mitsubishi
0%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

The most reliable truck for bowhunting?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The most reliable truck for bowhunting?

Now I know why the unemployment rate is at an all time high in Michigan.[:@]
Old 03-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: recurver167

Now I know why the unemployment rate is at an all time high in Michigan.[:@]
Exactly Will be close to 9 by end of the year[]
Old 03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

I have two opinions on this one if you want a truck that will use sheer muscle, and balls of steel to get you out of a jamgo with dodge 1500 with the hemi. if you want some thing you can drive off a cliff flip it over and drive home, go and buy a pre 2006 toyota tundra
Old 03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Dodge....Dodge...Dodge and only Dodge!!! Everything else looks and feels weak!
If you're talking strictly gas engines then you need totest drivea new Tundra 5.7 V8. 381hp 401tq 0-60 in low 6, quarter mile in 14.6 sec. - I think the next quickest full sized truck is the Titan which comes in at 15.2 sec. The dodge hemi is 15.3 iirc.

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

When I sat behind the wheel in a Fordext cabwith the seat all the way back, my knees were against the dash. When I sat in a Chevy, my head was against the ceiling. Same in GMC, of course. Dodge... [:'(]Couldn't slather enough grease on my buns to get into a Nissan. The T-100 was the only pickup I could get into and be comfortable.
WOW, the complaint is usually the other way around, I'm surprised. If you want more room in a pick-up, try the 07+ Tundra crew max. It has rear seats that can recline as well as move front and back just like the front seats. I'm not even sure if there's anything else on the market like it.
I don't do Japanese....somehow it never seemed right and besides I'm more of an isolationist and not a big subscriber to the so-called "world community" movement....
Old 03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dodge....Dodge...Dodge and only Dodge!!! Everything else looks and feels weak!
If you're talking strictly gas engines then you need totest drivea new Tundra 5.7 V8. 381hp 401tq 0-60 in low 6, quarter mile in 14.6 sec. - I think the next quickest full sized truck is the Titan which comes in at 15.2 sec. The dodge hemi is 15.3 iirc.

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

When I sat behind the wheel in a Fordext cabwith the seat all the way back, my knees were against the dash. When I sat in a Chevy, my head was against the ceiling. Same in GMC, of course. Dodge... [:'(]Couldn't slather enough grease on my buns to get into a Nissan. The T-100 was the only pickup I could get into and be comfortable.
WOW, the complaint is usually the other way around, I'm surprised. If you want more room in a pick-up, try the 07+ Tundra crew max. It has rear seats that can recline as well as move front and back just like the front seats. I'm not even sure if there's anything else on the market like it.
I don't do Japanese....somehow it never seemed right and besides I'm more of an isolationist and not a big subscriber to the so-called "world community" movement....
Tundra's are manufactured (and assembled) in the Texas plant. Tacoma's are manufactured and assembled in the Texas plant as well as Canada. Sure the company is still rooted in foreign soil, but parts of many "domestic" vehicles are manufacutered and/or assembled in foreign countries.

Edit: Sorry if I came off wrong there. I still think there are many solid trucks out there (not just toyota). I just wanted to make mention of how vehicles today are often assembled/manufacturered in various places.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

whichever one gets you to your hunting spot!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

You get 20mpg? I don't even get that in my Tacoma. Is that highway cruising? What is your around town mileage? You're 4wd right?
Yeah, I have a double cab4wd. That figure is what I get from my mpg meter when I'm on a perfectly level road doing 70mph with the cruise on. In a real life situation, it would never be possible to get 20 considering you have to accellerate to 70 where you would then get your best gas mileage. Toyota claims 19.

Since I got my truck in September of last year, I've left the mpg tracker untouched and so far I've gotten an average of 14.3 mpg. keep in mind I work 3 miles from home and run around town quite a bit so alot of that is city mileage. Top it off, I used to be a drag strip addict so my foot isn't always lead free.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: halfrack VIII

I have two opinions on this one if you want a truck that will use sheer muscle, and balls of steel to get you out of a jamgo with dodge 1500 with the hemi.
The 07 4x4 ram 1500 QC does a 15.3 to 15.5quarter milewhile the (comparable) 07 Tundra 4x4 5.7 i-force DC does 14.6 to 14.8 qtr mi --- so I think, and I may be wrong here but 7 tenths better will get you out of a jam faster right?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two opinions on this one if you want a truck that will use sheer muscle, and balls of steel to get you out of a jamgo with dodge 1500 with the hemi.
The 07 4x4 ram 1500 QC does a 15.3 to 15.5quarter milewhile the (comparable) 07 Tundra 4x4 5.7 i-force DC does 14.6 to 14.8 qtr mi --- so I think, and I may be wrong here but 7 tenths better will get you out of a jam faster right?
But the Dodge looks and sounds better........
Old 03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

But the Dodge looks and sounds better........
Perception can be reality, but only in that person's mind. Track times on the other hand are, well... really reality...for everyone.

Tell you the truth bud, I like theDodge's design up front better than the Tundra.However, Ilike the look of the Tundra's box and tailgatebetter. But, that's just me.