Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stabilizer Recomendation >

Stabilizer Recomendation

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizer Recomendation

Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Default Stabilizer Recomendation

I had a new rest bolted on at Cabela's the other day. Trust me I hate the place and if I hadn't had a gift card to use I wouldn't have been there. Long story short I didn't notice that my stabilizer was missing after the QAD was installed. Cabelas is too far away to justify going to pick up the 6 year old stabilizer, so I figured its time for a new one.

I'm looking for something that will stabilize and absorb vibration, but would lean towards having something that stabilizes the best. Anyone have any recommendations.

I remember a couple years ago there was a member here selling stabilizers that looked really nice, but the search feature here hasn't been working for me, so I wasn't able to look it up.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stabilizer Recomendation

Not sure why you didn't just put the rest on yourself, but I've had nothing but good dealings with Cabela's personally. I think a key part of your question might be how much money to you want to spend???? Posten makes good stabilizers, doinkers are nice, if you just wanted vibration side of it, even a cheap Sims works. I have an Eastman Outfitters carbon rod w/ rubber discs on one of my bows that does a decent job, and I only paid $8 for it. Pick a budget narrow down a few options, and then go from there.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Kyber shock stabilizer, probley the best one I have ever used on my bow.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fuse makes a nice stabalizer as well.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

i love my sims s-coil. very cheap too
im surprised you hate cabelas, ive got nothing but great things to say after i go there
Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Not sure why you didn't just put the rest on yourself
Wish I would have.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM

Kyber shock stabilizer, probley the best one I have ever used on my bow.
Where would I look for one of those? I did a quick google search and it didn't come up with anything.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 PM

simms s-coil, imo is one of the best, dont let the price fool ya, its worth more than 20 bucks.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 PM

im surprised you hate cabelas
Its a long story... The short version is that they claim to be the world's foremost outfitter and they really aren't. I've been there so many times and they've pointed me back to my local shop for things you would expect the worlds foremost outfitter to have. Not to mention this stabilizer fiasco. I've also had a couple friends that have worked there, and they treat their employees like crap. I could write a book on the subject, but I'll spare you. I don't know how far you live from one, but if your somewhat close like I am, and go there often enough, the "wow this place is cool" will ware off and you'll start to notice the place sucks. Not to mention everything is horribly overpriced.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 PM

I have the Eastman the OH does.....good stabilizer and affordable too

Quick Reply: Stabilizer Recomendation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.