Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stabilizer Recomendation >

Stabilizer Recomendation

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizer Recomendation

Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stabilizer Recomendation

if you want stabilization your going to have to go longer than normal...probably 7+"...and with a design like a doinker or similar that puts the weight out front.

my doinker weighs about the same as my old shock blocker..and is just a bit (1-2") longer than it, but made a world of difference in feel...the weight is out front and it seemed to make a difference...think its 7"...would like to try a 10" fuse axium sometime...over kill for hunting....maybe. but i really like a stable bow. i hold some of my buddies bows with junk stabilizers and tiny ATAs and feeling all goofy to me and i just hand them right back.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mauser06

if you want stabilization your going to have to go longer than normal...probably 7+"...and with a design like a doinker or similar that puts the weight out front.

my doinker weighs about the same as my old shock blocker..and is just a bit (1-2") longer than it, but made a world of difference in feel...the weight is out front and it seemed to make a difference...think its 7"...would like to try a 10" fuse axium sometime...over kill for hunting....maybe. but i really like a stable bow. i hold some of my buddies bows with junk stabilizers and tiny ATAs and feeling all goofy to me and i just hand them right back.
x2. longer and heavier for better stabilization.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could always try shooting without one for a while and see if you really need one.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: brotherbdc

simms s-coil, imo is one of the best, dont let the price fool ya, its worth more than 20 bucks.
Yep. For a 20 dollar bill, you simply aren't going to beat an S-coil.

Having said that, Fuse makes awesome stabilizers as well. The 10" Axium is one of the very best.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 AM

You could always try shooting without one for a while and see if you really need one.
That was my first reaction too, but it feels weird to me. Its probably just in my head. I'm shooting league at the moment and not having that stabilizer gets in my head.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kodiak41226

That was my first reaction too, but it feels weird to me. Its probably just in my head. I'm shooting league at the moment and not having that stabilizer gets in my head.
I don't have one on the bows I am currently shooting. I am going to go that way for a while and see if my groups, especially the ones at longer range, are affected.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:45 AM

I believe the stabilizer that you are referring to is the Stealth Stabilizers! I still feel that they are the best stabilizers on the market and made by one of the best guys around. His stabilizers weigh a little more than most others which will greatly help with stabilization, not to mention that they are some of the best on the market for removing noise and vibration! www.stealtharchery.com
Old 03-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: brotherbdc

simms s-coil, imo is one of the best, dont let the price fool ya, its worth more than 20 bucks.
Yep. For a 20 dollar bill, you simply aren't going to beat an S-coil.

Having said that, Fuse makes awesome stabilizers as well. The 10" Axium is one of the very best.
I didn't think mine really did much for stabilization, but it did cut the noise back a little. I'm actually looking at slapping an S-Coil on the end of that "CHEAP" Eastman Outfitters Stab though, and see what I think of it.

Kodiak,
That Eastman I mention I believe IS better than my Sims S-Coil. Here's a link, you can't really find much info about it, but for $8 it's a HELL of a deal. PLUS it has the threaded for end so you could feasibly add another stab, doinker balls on the end, whatever. The Eastman Stab is about 8" and weighs about 500grams I think, when comparing it with my 500gram shock-blocker, but don't quote me on that.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 PM

I believe the stabilizer that you are referring to is the Stealth Stabilizers!
Exactly, thanks. I think I'm going to give one of those a shot.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Favorites are the Multi-rod Doinkers, Stealth, &Vibra Check. I also like the Sims Modular stabilizer. IMO the S coils are a bargain but not as good as the others mentioned.
The new Octane Stabilizers ought to look and perform very nice.

Dan

Quick Reply: Stabilizer Recomendation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.