Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diaphragm FYI

Old 03-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diaphragm FYI

I know a lot of people that have difficulty making the quiet seductive putts, purrs, and soft clucks with a diaphragm. They can yelp and cackle but the soft sounds that help get a bird into bow range are sometimes more difficult. Anyway, something that I realized is that pretty much everyone uses a full size call and most people don't trim their calls. A smaller frame diaphragm makes it much easier to make these sounds and is just as capable of making full tones and volumes as any other call. I tried the mini mag from quaker boy a couple of years ago and found it extremely easy to use. Since then I've turned a few friends that previously had difficulities and it made a huge difference for them. I just ordered a set for dubbyasdoe, so she can call in my big birds (although she probably doesn't need ANY help). Anyway, I'm sure this is common knowledge to some but I just wanted to share.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0024589226515a&navCount=1&
podId=0024589226515&parentId=cat602433&mas terpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=102607turk ey-catfeathunt
&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index& amp;indexId=cat602433&hasJS=true
Old 03-07-2008, 12:28 PM

Default RE: Diaphragm FYI

Good tip, Dubbya.

I trim allof mine and have no problem making those soft seductive calls now.

Good lookin' out.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks wash, what the heck happened to the post? It's like a mile long now!

Okay, it's fixed now.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM

Good advice! The problem is I can not purr without moving my lips, and I'm pretty sure that's not how you are supposed to do it. It sounds good but I want learn the right way. Do you know any sites that can help explain it better?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny you posted this Dustin i almost did the other day , i was un-gifted with a small pallet in the roof of my mouth, no matter how much i trimmed, it did no good because the frame was still to big, i had to go to a youth size diaphram with the dome, all is good now, im using the quaker boy with a triple bat cut.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Good advice! The problem is I can not purr without moving my lips, and I'm pretty sure that's not how you are supposed to do it. It sounds good but I want learn the right way. Do you know any sites that can help explain it better?
There are a couple different ways.

Rolling your R's while blowing is one, which I absolutely can't do. I choke.

Or how you described, by moving your lips. I explain it by calling it the "Motor boat" way.

Theres no right or wrong, just differen't.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Or how you described, by moving your lips. I explain it by calling it the "Motor boat" way.

No, you do it wrong

I do it right
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I guess I will stick to motor boating then...lol Because I cant do the rolling Rs for the life of me.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are some motorboatin' sons of a...umm... Nevermind.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

You guys are some motorboatin' sons of a...umm... Nevermind.

LMAO. Best part of that movie in 5,4,3,2,1.......

Quick Reply: Diaphragm FYI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.