HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Diaphragm FYI
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Dubbya
Nontypical Buck

Default Diaphragm FYI

I know a lot of people that have difficulty making the quiet seductive putts, purrs, and soft clucks with a diaphragm. They can yelp and cackle but the soft sounds that help get a bird into bow range are sometimes more difficult. Anyway, something that I realized is that pretty much everyone uses a full size call and most people don't trim their calls. A smaller frame diaphragm makes it much easier to make these sounds and is just as capable of making full tones and volumes as any other call. I tried the mini mag from quaker boy a couple of years ago and found it extremely easy to use. Since then I've turned a few friends that previously had difficulities and it made a huge difference for them. I just ordered a set for dubbyasdoe, so she can call in my big birds (although she probably doesn't need ANY help). Anyway, I'm sure this is common knowledge to some but I just wanted to share.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0024589226515a&navCount=1&
podId=0024589226515&parentId=cat602433&mas terpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=102607turk ey-catfeathunt
&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index& amp;indexId=cat602433&hasJS=true