Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new bow

Old 01-19-2002, 02:02 PM

Default new bow

If you order a bow from Cabela's,Does it come ready to shoot?I was wondering do they tune their bows before they ship them?Thankyou

GUNS AND KNOWLEDGE ARE THE BEST PROTECTION AGAINST TERRORISM
Old 01-19-2002, 05:40 PM

Default RE: new bow

No, they don't come ready to shoot. Adjustments need to be made, peep installed etc. Not only that, until you go to a pro-shop and get measured properly chances are the bow won't fit you correctly. If that is the case, it will never shoot as well as it could if it did fit you. Did you go to a pro-shop?
Old 01-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, sure don't! I order a good deal from cabelas, and have nothing against them, but in order to get the bow that is best for you a proshop is the only way to go! You will pay more, but the service and help are worth every penny!

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought my first bow 3 weeks ago. I considered the net or catalog, but chose to buy locally. I made the right decision for a change. They set the bow up & suggested accessories that were in my price range. Then they took me to their range & let me shoot & helped me w/ developing proper form. All told about 2 hours were spent helping me. I feel I'm way ahead of where I'd be, had I been left on my own. I don't feel I would have saved all that much money either. The time & help expended on me were invaluable.

Phil.

Edited by - pdq 5oh on 01/19/2002 19:24:01
Old 01-19-2002, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to set it up yourself .Not something for a new shooter to try without help .Its not impossable to do ,just a lot easier with professional help .
Old 01-19-2002, 07:34 PM

You have convinced me.I have been to 6 pro shops,if that's what you want to call them.Only 1 had a range to try a bow,but they sold only 400 dollar Jennings.I've pulled alot of bows back,most were out of my price range.I learned to call first because 2 shops listed on the web were closed.I'm going to Endless Mt. Sports Complex.I called the guy and he says he will have Golden Eagle Superhawks in stock this week.He also said I could shoot any bow I was interested in.He is only opened on Saturdays,until the end of February.It's 45 miles away but if that's what it takes to get a bow to fit me, so be it.Thankyou I will buy my first bow from a pro-shop.You guys are awsome.I'll let you know what bow I get.

GUNS AND KNOWLEDGE ARE THE BEST PROTECTION AGAINST TERRORISM
Old 01-19-2002, 07:40 PM

No i didnt think that they did either....
Old 01-20-2002, 09:09 AM
tm
Fork Horn

Oh they'll set up a bow for you alright. I've had several come into my shop to redo the setup. Helluva mess when they came in, but after a fashion we got them straightened out. Oh, by the way, I do charge for this work and generally have a customer too.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:20 AM

Ive never considered ordering a bow from a catalog. However some shops will help you more than others. The last bow I bought was a Mathews FX and the shop wanted nothing to do with me after I had already bought the bow. This kida turned me away from Mathews dealers. Now im planning on buying my 3rd Hoyt from my local bass pro shops. They allways help me as much as possible and give me pretty good prices.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

very doubtful, besides you are going to have to set it up for you.