Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow questions

Old 02-11-2003, 05:52 PM

Default Arrow questions

I just sold my Hoyt Magna Tec and am in the process of purchasing a PSE Firestorm. I assume I can use the same arrows since all of my specs are the same, correct?

Secondly, when aligning the broadhead and the fletchings, what can you use to stop the rotation of the broadhead so they line up perfectly? I remember watching Secrets of the Hunt and Dave said something about some stuff that plumbers use??? No clue what.

Thanks fellas!

Old 02-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow questions

i dont know about the first question but my dad said he use a small rubber o-ring...not sure how that would work..seems to me it would work loss?? i dont have my bow set up yet so i dont know...i need tips too thats why im reading others questions...
Old 02-12-2003, 05:52 AM

Dave had mentioned Plumbers Tape aka Teflon
But I, and I think others don't believe it is neccessary
AL

Old 02-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

we just had a thread on lining up fletchings. It isn't neccesary and does not affect arrow flight.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wimp I think that thread was on the technical forum, but the consensus from the guys in the know was they do not need to be lined up.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Proud father of a Devil Dog
Old 02-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

My personal experience is that lining up fletching is neccesary. Thats just me I guess. About the o-rings... I had the same problem, I glued in my inserts before I screwed the broadhead in and the heads wouldn't line up when they were all the way tight. What I did was back them off a bitt to align them and made sure they were balanced and shot. The problem with that was after the first shot in the block the broadheads would turn and the balance would be off. Also I've become afraid that I might lose a blade. A friend of mine said I could use some locktight on the threads and set the broadheads in and that would work. That would keep the heads from moving but I still might lose a blade or two. Best thing to do is, screw the broadhead into the insert and then glue the inserts in.
Good luck,VH
Old 02-12-2003, 08:15 AM
nub

You failed to mention what type of arrow and what type of glue was used. If your really set on lining them up, which is NOT neccessary, you may just have to reheat the glue and turn. All arrows with the hot melt type glue just requires a bit of heat to tip or shaft to allow you to turn the head.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:19 AM

The O ring works very well. they came with my thunderheads. I have since gotten some of appx. the same size to use for my other broadheads and my dads. Slip the o ring on and down the threaded shaft of the broadhead. then install the broadhead like normal. You will seat the broadhead on the o ring and then be able to compress the o ring as you line up your broadheads and fletchings. I had to keep mine lined up to fly good. Whether I still need to or not, I do, and it gives me peace of mind and confidence that everything is working good. Hope that helps.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]