Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ATTENTION N.C. BOWHUNTERS >

ATTENTION N.C. BOWHUNTERS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ATTENTION N.C. BOWHUNTERS

Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 PM

Default ATTENTION N.C. BOWHUNTERS

Just a reminder that April 1,2008 is the deadline for you to get your city,town etc. signed up for the Urban Archery Season for 2009. This season will be ( I think) from Jan. 10 - Feb. 14 2009 ONLY WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS. YOU have to go to your town mayor,commissioners etc. and get them to agree to sign your town up. Just look in your regulations manual under deer and it gives you the requirements to get a town signed up.The wildlife commission has given us a great opportunity to extend our season when no one else is out there so we should take every advantage that we can get. Most towns have a meeting every month for the mayor and commissioners. I am on our agenda for March. I was unsure of how it works but I know now that it is up to us to get our ctites and towns signed up. Nobody is going to do it for us. Just get on your town meeting agenda, present the proposal, give out copies of the page from the manual describing the urban season and explain how the commission sees the need to allow a special bow season within city limits because of the number of deer. I talked with the wildlife commission today and they told me that only 2 cities or towns were signed up. I was shocked! Either alot of towns don't want it or there are alot of people that do not understand how to get it passed. I am chomping at the bit to possibly get to bowhunt in late Jan into Feb.!! There is still time left so get out there and talk to your mayor and town commissioners.