Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 boy some bow hunters just make me sick >

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

ORIGINAL: DannyD

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd be more happy if they made the slaughter a "little" tougher on gun hunters.

IMO.....I want gun hunters to have their fair share of time in the woods hunting. I just don't see why that has to be in the rut.....when bucks are at their most vulnerable.

I want NOTHING taken away from gun hunters. Give them their weeks afield. Good luck to them.

Answer me this.......you live in NC....where you can basically kill ALL the does you want to. But.....Rifle season starts when the rut starts. WHY woud you waste your time on a doe.....when it's the BEST time to kill a buck?

It's no wonder there are more bucks killed in NC than does. This isn't rocket science.
I agree. Gun hunters decimate the population here. I think they should shorten the gun season to 1 week and make it shotgun, no rifles. Look what it has done for Ohio and Illinois.
Hi LKNCHOPPERS,
What has it done? Allowed for more big trophy bucks? So? If that's all you hunt for i guess it matters but although i bow hunt i like to get out and hunt with my rifle. So shorten rifle season to 1 week just so someone else who doesn't want to rifle hunt can find more trophy bucks?
Although i wouldn't pass up a big buck, it's not why i like to get out there and hunt.
Yeah it would be nice to see a couple of mature bucks after 100 hours on stand. Shoot the does not the spikes and 4 pointers.....I don't see anything near overpopulation here where I live just a lot of small (bucks) deer being shot.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gun hunt as well as bow hunt, so it would be hard for me to say anything bad against gun hunters. However, in Illinois we have 7 days to gun hunt, split up in a 3 day period and then 2 weeks later a 4 day period. I would LOVE to see Illinois do a 4 day gun hunt early in October and then leave the 3 day gun hunt right where it is. This would help us with the does so much. As it is right now, almost nobody I know shoots a doe in the first gun season because it is so close to the rut, and if they fill their buck tags the first season, many don't gun hunt the 2nd season. A early gun season would, or a anterless only early gun season is a great idea and would help so much.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

No one should be allowed to hunt the rut, its too easy [8D]
Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Why I voted to take the week off

Two ways to look at it

Bioloigal-Puts deer first
Hunter-Pretty much thinks of himself as regulations go. Meaning he wants the regulations to favor his chances taking a deer.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd be more happy if they made the slaughter a "little" tougher on gun hunters.

IMO.....I want gun hunters to have their fair share of time in the woods hunting. I just don't see why that has to be in the rut.....when bucks are at their most vulnerable.

I want NOTHING taken away from gun hunters. Give them their weeks afield. Good luck to them.

Answer me this.......you live in NC....where you can basically kill ALL the does you want to. But.....Rifle season starts when the rut starts. WHY woud you waste your time on a doe.....when it's the BEST time to kill a buck?

It's no wonder there are more bucks killed in NC than does. This isn't rocket science.
I agree. Gun hunters decimate the population here. I think they should shorten the gun season to 1 week and make it shotgun, no rifles. Look what it has done for Ohio and Illinois.
Hi LKNCHOPPERS,
What has it done? Allowed for more big trophy bucks? So? If that's all you hunt for i guess it matters but although i bow hunt i like to get out and hunt with my rifle. So shorten rifle season to 1 week just so someone else who doesn't want to rifle hunt can find more trophy bucks?
Although i wouldn't pass up a big buck, it's not why i like to get out there and hunt.
Yeah it would be nice to see a couple of mature bucks after 100 hours on stand. Shoot the does not the spikes and 4 pointers.....I don't see anything near overpopulation here where I live just a lot of small (bucks) deer being shot.
I hope you get nice big mature buck next season.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Why I voted to take the week off

Two ways to look at it

Bioloigal-Puts deer first
Hunter-Pretty much thinks of himself as regulations go. Meaning he wants the regulations to favor his chances taking a deer.

You're right about both of those.

Why isnt the QDMA advocating no hunting during the rut?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BrentH243

DNR...$$$$...that's what its all about to them. Gun hunters know they have limited time and they may be willing to buy a tag if they know that there chances are better that time of year!
BINGO!

You nailed it. Gun season is where the DNR getsmost of their money. The DNR would never cut their own throats by messing with gun season. If you made gun season later, to miss the rut, gun hunters would kill less bucks and get discouraged. Eventually, gun license sales would suffer.

It has NOTHING to do with managing the resource to provide balanced deer herd. It has EVERYTHING to do with the Mighty Dollar.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

First off i am a bow hunter but i gun hunt to .
Second this is not a attack on any one person
Third
I think it is sad when we bow hunters who get anywhere from 4 to 6 months of bow only season.
think they should remove muzzle loader shotgun and rifle season from the rut time
make them smaller.
Gun hunters get only a few weeks to hunt.
So the rut is the best time for them.
i do think there are alot of gun hunters out there that just walk through the woods locked and loaded looking for any deer. that is not right.
Heck i did it my first few years first year i did not scout just found a spot sit there for a few hours then moved.
And i only got one shot 80 yards out.
Second year i scouted Little but not much.
Last year i scout my ass off and got two shots but missed

I think we all need to let off the gun hunters alittle they only get a few weeks to hunt.

Let me ask you this would you be more happy if they made the rut bow only and mad all other hunting time both gun and bow
You just don't get it do you?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:08 PM

People are going to complain no matter what. That's what makes this country so great. Never be happy, just complain.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Threads like this make me almost wish that the North American deer population would drop by about 90 percent. Then we could get back to the days when only the real hunters took the time and effort to get out in the woods andnobodygave a damn ifyou used a gun or a bow, because everyone was just plain hunters with no catfighting.[:-]

Quick Reply: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.