Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So educate me on Plat maps >

So educate me on Plat maps

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So educate me on Plat maps

Old 02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So educate me on Plat maps

Yup, one book is a county, and depending on county size, that is the number of pages. Only so much land is on one page. It has each property plotted and the boundaries are marked. WIthin the boundaries there are names of owners. Roads are also plotted on them, which is what I use them for in large part. The accuracy is often not the best, becuase updates are generally done with years in between, like MI is 7 years between complete revisions. Definitely a good resource for you. I would say spend the $20.00 and buy rather than copy, for clarity if nothing else. They are very detailed and copies don't have the same detail of names and things, and roads are also tough, unless color copied.