Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are you superstitious? >

Are you superstitious?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you superstitious?

Old 02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Are you superstitious?

When it comes to hunting? If so,explain.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are you superstitious?

Oh yea I got a lucky pair of socks.Things always come together in the woods when I wear them...if you know what I mean!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just because I sacrafice a chicken every morning dosnt mean Iam superstitious...j/k.

Ever year I pick out 1 arrow that gets nocked 1st when i go out hunting,I call it my lucky arrow,well except this yr......shoulder surgery.....wasnt so lucky was it.......
Old 02-19-2008, 04:03 PM

Nah got nothing superstitious about hunting, but got everything superstitious about football, baseball, and power lifting. Won our division 1 baseball league without washing the same pair of pants just because we went 19-0 and set school record before we lost.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a lot of things that I do... every time I hunt but I can't really say that any of them are superstitions. I used to be and it never worked, so I quit.

Does having a "pre-game" dip count?

As long as an arrow will stay functional, I'll use that arrow as my first shot throughout the season regardless of what it's killed. The arrow I killed my elk with in September was the same one that knocked over my buck two months later. If an arrow doesn't do what's it's supposed to do, then it gets put at the back of the line.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Dominant Buck

If an arrow doesn't do what's it's supposed to do, then it gets put at the back of the line.
YES! I am NOT crazy!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Just because I sacrafice a chicken every morning dosnt mean Iam superstitious...j/k.

Ever year I pick out 1 arrow that gets nocked 1st when i go out hunting,I call it my lucky arrow,well except this yr......shoulder surgery.....wasnt so lucky was it.......
If you wouldn't keep choking your chicken you probably wouldn't injure your shoulder!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Nah got nothing superstitious about hunting, but got everything superstitious about football, baseball, and power lifting. Won our division 1 baseball league without washing the same pair of pants just because we went 19-0 and set school record before we lost.
I hope you guys ostracized the sucker that broke down and washed his pants. If it wasn't for him, you guys would still be undefeated.

I don't consider myself superstitousabout anything, including baseball.... well except for warming up on the infield,stepping on the foul lines, washing uniforms in a winning streak, talking about a no hitter in progress, rally caps, and 2-2 counts with 2 outs. When you stop and think about it, baseball is no more than a game ofsuperstitions.

And then there is this thing with shoes. I laugh at myself because I don't consider myself superstitious, but when I was about 13, an old man told me to always put your Right shoe/boot on first and you will have good luck. I laughed it off but I am now48 and since that day, I have yet to EVER put my Left shoe/boot on first, just in case he knew what he was talking about. If I just put them on only once each day that equates to 12,775 times, but I AM NOT SUPERSTITOUS.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg / MO is afraid that if I don't kill a big buck this year in IL he's gonna get a punch in the neck..........

Wait that's not really a superstition is it? Well that's for Greg to worry about.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Wake up have a dip (trying to quit now) and a MTN Dew
2. On the way to my land I listen to Fred Bear -Ted Nugent
3.Wear my lucky Easy Sleeve

Quick Reply: Are you superstitious?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.