Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How "creative" are you with your climber? >

How "creative" are you with your climber?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How "creative" are you with your climber?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 PM

Default RE: How "creative" are you with your climber?

This year i took my summit to new levels like you mentioned. I too removed both the top and bottow to manuveur around braches that were too fat to cut with my limb saw. I am very good at changing the angle of my treestand in mid air, but also safe by wearing my HS vest. I have had the same summit for 9 years or so, so i know my stand well. Therefore i do not have to make adjustments as much as i normally do, but sometimes in the dark it is hard to tell. I am also what you would call a monkey in the tree so it helps me get my stand into any position i want. With that being said I am only 21 years old so it makes it easier for me than some of you old guys.[8D]
Old 02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

I have used my Summit to hunt off of the ground before. I'll attach the top portion a few feet off of the ground, and it makes a nice comfortable place to sit up off of the ground. Starting next year I will be hunting exclusivley out of my Goliath.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

the most creative i've done is to change sides of the tree as i climb. kind of spiral up the tree as i climb . Only once did i readjust the top rail
How do you change the bottom plat form once you are up the tree ? I want to know how you go over branches?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've went past a branch with the top part but not the bottom. Although I have disconnected the bottom 20' up a tree to readjust it. everything else I can pretty much work around.

I want to see you get up past a split in a trunk. You are going to have to get REAL creative to do that.