Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :) >

Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

My son was hunting with some of his buddies, and like most kids the planning left a bit to be desired. They shot a Muley Buck but hadn't planned on how they were going to get it home. One of the boys had his parent's Suburban. They didn't even have any rope. Sooooo, they stuck some branches down the front of the grill and loaded the buck on the hood to sort of cradle it against the branches. Then they took of their belts, shoelaces, and a shirt and used them to lash the buck down. Kids....ya gotta love 'em!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

Wrong! nothing like fresh warm meat---- yuk
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh boy........ I remember a thread something similar to this [8D][:-]
Old 11-29-2006, 09:49 AM

That's one way.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Might be creative but that is a horrible way to travel with an animal. First off the engine will heat the meat, secondly when you drive past an anti or anyone on the fence they are sure to jump it because you are publically broadcasting this animal in a disgraceful way. If anything you should have placed him inside the suburban in the back or something other than your hood.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

Might be creative but that is a horrible way to travel with an animal. First off the engine will heat the meat, secondly when you drive past an anti or anyone on the fence they are sure to jump it because you are publically broadcasting this animal in a disgraceful way. If anything you should have placed him inside the suburban in the back or something other than your hood.
I think we all know this is not the way to transport a deer.....that's not the point. Also, this is rural Montana. Finding an anti-hunter here is about as easy as getting a date with Cindy Crawford. Also, I didn't transport this deer this way......it was a bunch of kids. This buck was the boy's first buck. He didn't want to put the buck in the back because they had no tarp and was afraid his mother would have a fit. Lighten up there hotshot.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 AM

how ironic would it have been had they hit a deer while driving like that? haha
Old 11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tatonka

I think we all know this is not the way to transport a deer.....that's not the point. Also, this is rural Montana. Finding an anti-hunter here is about as easy as getting a date with Cindy Crawford. Also, I didn't transport this deer this way......it was a bunch of kids. This buck was the boy's first buck. He didn't want to put the buck in the back because they had no tarp and was afraid his mother would have a fit. Lighten up there hotshot.

EXACTLY !
I was a kid once. I use to ride a mini bike all the way down the train tacks to a small pond I fished. With my buddy on the back. We would come back with a stringer full of fish, our tackle and rods all straped on to the bike. People would just laugh, but hey.... we had fun and thats what matters. Memories are made of times like this. Those kids will talk about that time they strapped a deer to the truck till the day they die. God bless those little hunters.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:01 AM

You have to give those kids credit for ingenuity.

And LOL about not wanting to put the deer in the back because Mom will have a fit if you get the car dirty.

GSG
Old 11-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

how ironic would it have been had they hit a deer while driving like that? haha
LOL - could they see at the windshield, or did the driver have to stick his head out the side window to see!

Quick Reply: Creative Way to Transport Your Buck :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.