Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Will QAD work with Hoyt bows? >

Will QAD work with Hoyt bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Will QAD work with Hoyt bows?

Old 02-18-2008, 05:42 PM

Default Will QAD work with Hoyt bows?

I finally shot the Hoyt Vectrix and PSE X-Force 7today. Both were nice bows. I was pleasantly surprised with the X-Force. I was expecting a very aggressive draw, but it wasn't that bad. However, it was only set at 60 lbs. Both bows were completely setup with vibration dampeners, and were nice to shoot. I have one concerne regarding theHoyt with the TEC riser. I have come to really like using theQAD drop away rest, but was wondering if that rest would work with the Hoytbows with the TEC risers? It just looks like that back bar would interfere with the string that mounts to the lower cable.Has anyone had any problems with this?
Old 02-18-2008, 07:22 PM

Default RE: Will QAD work with Hoyt bows?

I have them on both of my bows. You need to attach the string to the down buss cable about 4 to 5 inches below the level of the arrow to let it get past the riser brace.