Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 your worst hunting trip? >

your worst hunting trip?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your worst hunting trip?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: your worst hunting trip?

I guess mine would be that someone told me to get a mathewsjk!!!!
EDIT: Thought issaid worst hunting"tip"
Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM

All the ones I couldn't make for some reason or another... "Bad day hunting...is better than a good day at work!"
Old 02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alaska self-guided in 1984. Me and my hunting partner were lost for 4 days and began to think we would stay lost. Our other hunter in camp found us finally but we were pretty psychologicaly out of it for the remaining 10 days of our hunt.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went to Ontario Canada whitetail hunting... booked hunt for 8 of us...
Right before the hunt, the owner (from Alabama) got kicked out of Canada. He set us up w/ a nice farmer guy who didn't know a thing about hunting... we stayed in a fly infested shack of a house...
Only 2 deer shot, my 6 point and another 4 point.
The guide was thrown out by the ministry for not having proper licenses and using another outfitters name... too long a story to tell, but all lies... I'd like to fly down to AL and take care it personally, but I think I am too old for that now!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Alaska self-guided in 1984. Me and my hunting partner were lost for 4 days and began to think we would stay lost. Our other hunter in camp found us finally but we were pretty psychologicaly out of it for the remaining 10 days of our hunt.
Wow, that would be scary. I can't imagine being lost for 4 days in Alaska.

Magicman, yeah that trip we learned a lot, like to avoid that "club" like the plague.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finally get the money to go to Illinios on a bow hunt. I conacted a outfitter and got some references that I checked out and was reassured that the outfitter was on the up and up. I spoke to the outfitter several times during the year and every time was told that he was seeing multiple 130-150 class bucks and he even called me once to tell me that he was watching 13 of these monsters at the time.

Well the weeke finally arrives andme and 2 other head for our dream hunt. To make a long story short we hunted 5 days from daylight to dark at spotted one small 6 point and a hand full of does for all 3 of us for the week. $5000.00 fushed down the drain.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine isn't that bad, but...

2006 elk hunt in Colorado. The first day of the hunt is great and I got in on a number of bulls but just couldn't get a shot opportunity. That night it snowed 18" of the good packing snow that is as loud as a firecracker when you walk on it. Kind of made spot and stalk elk hunting pretty tough. We were able to get within a few hundred yards of elk, but you couldn't even try to get closer thanks to the loud snow. There was also a guy in camp who didn't bring any boots, just sneakers to hunt in. He asked if he could borrow my extra boots so I gave him them and then he complained about me not giving him the pair I wanted to wear! I couldn't believe that. Anyway, I was lucky enough to fall down a steep ravine in the snow and whack my knee on a rock, so that was cool[&:]Highlight of the week.

Of course, my 2007 caribou hunt wasn't very good hunting either. I saw less caribou all week than in any one day in 2005. Black flies took enough skin and blood to make me dizzy, and it poured down rain most of the days.

The company was good on both trips though and if I knew it would be the same I would go anyway. If nothing else it is good times with my father.