Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

harness

Old 02-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default harness

I have been using the old single strap harness since tree stand hunting and thought it might be time to change to a full body harness. I did buy an elaborate body harness 2 years ago and had a huge doe come in to me from behind and could not pull my bow back to get the shot off. I did everything I knew to try and stop this from happening again, but wound up going back to the covenient strap harness (this never got in my way). Obviously the straps are not as safe, knowing you could break ribs or stop yourself from breathing, etc.. So I thought I would throw the question out there and hoped people could elaborate a bit on how it works and convenience, etc
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: harness

what i use is the strap that came with the summit climber. it has a prussic knot on a rope that goes around the tree so you can slide it up or down to get it out of the way
if you have to turn to the side and it would get in the way of the shot. you could tie your own if you want here is how http://www.animatedknots.com/prusik/index.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.a nimatedknots.com

Old 02-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I use the Hunters Safety System vest.I set my tree attatchment strap lower approx in the lower half of my back areathis makes some slack in vest strap to turn or shoot.But manufacturer recommends putting strap higher to lessen fall distance.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: MECHDOC

I use the Hunters Safety System vest.I set my tree attatchment strap lower approx in the lower half of my back areathis makes some slack in vest strap to turn or shoot.But manufacturer recommends putting strap higher to lessen fall distance.
Thats what i do now