Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 USE A HARNESS!!! >

USE A HARNESS!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

USE A HARNESS!!!

Old 08-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default USE A HARNESS!!!

I read last year that one out of every three bowhunters will have some type of accident falling from a tree stand in there career. PLEASE BE CAREFULL AND USE A HARNESS!!!
Thank you, Thankyouverymuch
NS Elvis
Old 08-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: USE A HARNESS!!!

good advice elvis, i think i will get a harness this year after many years of a belt type strap.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:05 PM

I also have been using a belt, but I plan on switchin to a harness.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:20 PM
kop

Me too i just bought the hunter saftey system vest that has the harness sewn inside it.The idea of hanging upside down with broken ribs from the belt style is' nt a good thought.It may cost a bit but when i figured up how many belts i have already set up in my stands, why not just use the harness and wear it to the tree.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:24 PM

i use the api 5 point harness but they just get in the way. but i guess it is better than the alternative. i had a buddy fall out of a tree, while wearing a belt strap. luckily he didnt break anything but it sure gave us all a scare.[]
Old 08-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Take it from someone who has been laying at the bottom of the tree looking up at the tree stand I was just in. Throw away those saftey belts and get a full body harness, I chose the seat-of-the-pants and it was the best money I ever spent. I was lucky and walke or should I say crawled away with a broken nose some bruises and a crushed vertabrea but I was hunting again in less than a week. You may not bwe so lucky.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:57 PM
nub

A couple of you guys can breath easy then. I may have taken the fall for you already.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:39 PM

I plan on purchasing the hunter safety system vest very soon. Yes they are a chunk of money, but how much is your life really worth? They look to be like the best one out there at this time. I am ashamed to say that I have never worn a safrty harness or belt, but that is about to change this season. I have learned from this forum that falls can and do happen to guy' s like me all the time, so I' m not taking any more chances, for the sake of my loved ones. I' m sure I will adapt to it quite well after a couple of times out.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:10 PM

Good tip. Something else to be careful of are the steel screw in steps. A friend of mine was on the last step before his stand and the step broke in half and down he went. Luckily he was alright but it does put the scare in ya.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:43 AM

anyone planning on buying a harness , check out seat of the pant it' s a comfortable easy to use harness!

Quick Reply: USE A HARNESS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.