Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HELP ME PICK OUT A BOW FOR THE MS. >

HELP ME PICK OUT A BOW FOR THE MS.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELP ME PICK OUT A BOW FOR THE MS.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default HELP ME PICK OUT A BOW FOR THE MS.

Ok I have been bow hunting for about 6 years but I am not about to try to give my lady advice about bows yet because I dont know enough. This is her thing she wants to take up so she can go hunting with me, and I am all for supporting her. So she needs a bow. I took her toGander and her draw is about 26" and with very little strugle pulled back 40#. She doesnt want to spend a fortune on a bow and everything that goes with it but at the same time I dont want her shooting junk. The ideal thing would be to buy a used bow package. What I need is suggestions on types of bows and what not. Or anything that could help me out. Thank you everyone in advance for the help
Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HELP ME PICK OUT A BOW FOR THE MS.

I just bought my girlfriend a browning Micro adrenaline package for christmas... i actually like it myself.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

You are just going to have to spend some time with here trying different bows until she finds something that is comfortable to her. She will know what feels good to her.

IMO for her first bow the Diamond edge would be a great place to start. It is geared towards growing kids but this will work well with fine tuning her draw length and draw weight with out you having to go to a pro shop every single time you want to make an adjustment. It gets pretty decent speed for a small bow. I wouldn't worry about getting it with the package because she will likely want better accessories than what come with it. Not that they are bad they just aren't what an adult will likely want.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

My wife and daughter are shooting the Edge. Retails for around $300. Unfortunately, my wife is already being upgraded to the Diamond Liberty. If she loves it already, spend a little bit of money. Get her something she won't outgrow in 6 months.

Have her shoot what is out there, narrow it down to 3. Have her close her eyes, put them all in her hand. Have her pick which one best fits her hand and you'll have a winner.....
Old 02-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big bulls is right, youll just have to keep fishing till she finds something that feels right, the Edge and the Micro Adrenaline are very similar bows, they both have the optional Boondocks package, which is pretty much junk except the quiver.lol.

I got hers off of ebay brand new at a great price... which i cant remember exactly how much.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:03 PM

One that hasn't been mentioned is the Hoyt Avenger, which IMHO opinion, is the sleeper in the Hoyt lineup. VERY good shooting bow.....

Get out and let her try as many as you can get your hands on....she'll know the one she wants.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Fork Horn

I like the pic of arrows with the pink fletchings reminds me of something my girl would demand...haha. So thanks for the advice everyone. I am going to take her to an archery shop next weekend to shoot some bows. She has held a few that she says she likes but I am not sure she even knows what she likes. She is so egar to get a bow I could put any bow in her hand and she would think its perfect. We were looking at the Diamond Edge, Bear Element, and one other I cant remember. I do feel bad going to an archery shop shooting all their stuff then turning to ebay to get a better deal though. Or if anyone here has something used please speek up. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

Here is a pic of my lady that wants the bow...if anyone cares. Shes good looking enough I think we could get our own hunting tv show if she got good enough haha just kidding.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/myersbuck/Kate1.jpg
Old 02-17-2008, 05:45 AM

Shop around until she finds what she wants
Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

IF I could trade my wife in on a bow? I would get a BowTech.

All kidding aside, my wife just shot a BowTech & prefered it to her Hoyt. She has always loved her Hoyt, so I was shocked.

Quick Reply: HELP ME PICK OUT A BOW FOR THE MS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.