Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what was your fav hunt ever >

what was your fav hunt ever

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what was your fav hunt ever

Old 02-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default what was your fav hunt ever

just thought it would be cool to see what all yours were.
mine was opening day of the 05 gun season my dad went hunting for the first time in 20 years.
shot a 125" 8 point he was so happy that he cried im so glad that i was there
Old 02-14-2008, 06:08 AM

Default RE: what was your fav hunt ever

Nov. 3, 2007....the day I killed my first buck w/ archery gear. Gonna be hard to beat that day.....
Old 02-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far my favorite was this year and I wasn't hunting. I took two kids out at defferent times. My daughter had a nice 8 point at 15 yards. She had him in her sights but couldn't get the saftey off her ML. When I moved to do it for her some does at 10 yards busted me. She was soo close and has fired her up a bit for next year. She's 11.

The runner up would be this year too. I took a boy from church hunting (same stand) took him first actually because it was a bit cold for my daughter. Anyway he wanted his first buck. He killed a doe a few years ago. But he wanted a first buck. Not that he would have passed on a doe. I had hung a stand on the same tree as my ladder stand and got in first and we waited. It was shotgun season he had my gun. I had already taken my buck(my best btw). Long stoy short we had a buck come from behind us and stop broadside at 30-35 yards. The boy never moved. I kept telling him get your gun up. I was shaking like it was my first deer but I was behind the tree from the deer. He never got the shot and all he could say was "I can't believe I didn't even pick the gun up" LOL Buck fever. Gets us all at some time or another.

Both hunts no shots.

Oh another comes to mind when I was bowhunting. I was walking up a path and saw a deer walking. I got down on one knee and got to full draw as the young buck stepped out at about 3 feet. He looked at me as I waited for him to take one more step... and was gone... LOL I think I nearly scared him to death.

So all three hunts no shots.

Isn't it funny how you can replay all these hunts in your head. Other things I have trouble remembering from yesterday. LOL
Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite out of state hunt was the one this past Dec. in NE. The snow, the cold, and lots of Game. It was just flat out Fun!! I can't wait until next Dec.

Dan
Old 02-14-2008, 06:38 AM

this year when I shot my first buck with a bow and my first deer with a bow after 2 years of seeing deer everywhere. I will never forget I can still play it over and over again
Old 02-14-2008, 06:48 AM

It has to be the longest one ,28 days ,4 good friends in one truckand the new 6x12 camper we custom built . Two states and lots of tags ,wy and montana with rifles. That camper on the way home had 12 big game animals in it.This was around 1994 . Lots of trophy photos and great memory.That trailer still goes with me everywhere.

[/align]
Old 02-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Killing my Kudu on a mountain top in Namibia!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Site Buck Guru

The day I shot my first deer, Dec 7,1968 @ 7:04 AM. It's what got me started on a long and satisfying journey that I'll pursue for as long as I am physically able.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

that first ever deer hunt with my dad by my side when i was 9 yrs old....i killed a 6pt!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was my daughters first deer with her bow!!! I will never forget that..

Quick Reply: what was your fav hunt ever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.