Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mossy Oak Treestand >

Mossy Oak Treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mossy Oak Treestand

Old 02-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mossy Oak Treestand

That's what I was thinking too!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it looks really good. It sucks they are coming out with it now, I just purchased all new clothing in December. I guess I will have to wear the old stuff for a year.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

They are all going to that open pattern !!

I really dont like Ultimate Camo..Its a very closed pattern..and to deer, you look like a big dark blob, unless you are STUCK to your tree. I wouldnt wear it.

For being on a stand, 12-18" off of the tree...open patterns are the way to go. Otherwise, you look like the trunk of a tree, growing out of the middle of mid-air.
Droptine, I see your comment on UC and thats cool, everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just that your reasoning is wrong. The idea behind UC is to blend into the tree, become one with the background. You do not have to bear hug the tree to get this effect.

What would look more natural in the above scenerio. The UC pattern or some open (light pattern)? What would draw you eye more easily? Yes that photo is darkish.. because the surrounding light (or more accurately thelack of light) makes it dark.

If your hunting on a sunny day...

Don't want to be "stuck in a tree" and hunt the ground..no problem.

Have at it ^^ (By the way the hunter is above the arrows.. Don't strain your eyes )

If the pattern isn't what you wish to hunt in thats fair..There are plenty of patterns available to fit everyones eye. The word "blob" is a new catch-phrase to the modern hunter and instantly throws up a caution sign. This camo was designed because of that blobbingissuein other camos. Hence the reason for the long winded reply..
Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Site Buck Guru

Good post /\ /\ To me, you wouldn't look like a tree trunk coming out of thin air. Tree trunks grow in all different directions and I think you'd look like part of the tree.

Besides, deer aren't all that good at discerning that minute of detail. I believe that UC is just that...... Ultimate Camo!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gr8, I know that UC has its loyal following and every one has their own opinion on what works but every single pic that any one has put up about UC(including these) is with the hunter either standing directly in front of thetree , is covered with so much foliage that you could hide a tank equally well, or a very slight angle with the hunter tight to the tree. No one has posted any pic other wise. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know it has been said before about setting up where the deer will be coming and all they will see is you in a direct line with the tree. I have yet to know where the deer will be coming every time. You can make an educated guess but everywhere I have hunted the deer seem to have the uncanny ability to do exactly opposite of what the "plan" is.

In the thread below there is only one pic from all of those posted that the hunter is on the side of the tree and he instantly "blobs" against the back ground. I'm not saying that treestand is going to do much better though it is a much better pattern than the old Break Up patterns.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2579078&mpage=2&key=ultimate&amp ;#2584446
Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Gr8, I know that UC has its loyal following and every one has their own opinion on what works but every single pic that any one has put up about UC(including these) is with the hunter either standing directly in front of thetree , is covered with so much foliage that you could hide a tank equally well, or a very slight angle with the hunter tight to the tree. No one has posted any pic other wise. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know it has been said before about setting up where the deer will be coming and all they will see is you in a direct line with the tree. I have yet to know where the deer will be coming every time. You can make an educated guess but everywhere I have hunted the deer seem to have the uncanny ability to do exactly opposite of what the "plan" is.

In the thread below there is only one pic from all of those posted that the hunter is on the side of the tree and he instantly "blobs" against the back ground. I'm not saying that treestand is going to do much better though it is a much better pattern than the old Break Up patterns.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2579078&mpage=2&key=ultimate&amp ;#2584446
Yep!! I'll stick with open patterns. Predator, Asat, etc. More open areas up above than Tree trunks

Dan
Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bigbulls, MeanV..I can understand if a persons loyalties lie elsewhere. As a Shop Manager, you have to endorse the brands you carry. and Dan, you have benefitted as much as anyone, on positive reviews and word of mouth.
Andy is just another one of "us" who put out, what many believe is a great product. If it's not for you, than so be it.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks good to me
Old 02-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

This stuff looks kinds cool to me

http://www.godscountrycamouflage.com/
Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Jason, thanks for the link. I like that camo! I may order some.

Quick Reply: Mossy Oak Treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.