HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - About A Hunting Video..
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 AM
SignOfTheTines

Default RE: About A Hunting Video..

As someone who is tasked to film 10+ hunts this year. Not just on my place butin multiple states/countriesThis is probably my favorite thread on this site ever.

Thank you posters so very much for your open candor!

Please keep the information comming.

As a "viewer" of these videos and shows, I agree with almost everything that has been posted here. I hope to create some quality entertainment based on these suggestions

Like this one

I want to know why you put your stand in THAT tree. I want to know EVERY reason behind your decision. If thats wher ethe outfitter told you to set up.....say so. If you're there because you've seen a buck exiting in that vicinity a few days prior....or even last season during this time......tell me. If it's got a good tree in front of it that you might use for cover to draw.....tell me. If it's simply 30 yds away from where you last encountered him....and you wanted to mix things up......tell me. If you can orient yourself to keep the sun ou of your eyes in that tree in that time of day.......tell me. If it's a great wind for that tree.....tell me.

These are things WE ALL think about every time we hunt. I don't think the guys we see on TV DO.

Why are you shooting your setup on your bow? Why that bow? Arrow? BH? If it isn't for $$.....why?

How do you practice?

So many things they never tell us.........so many.......
Personally, I like watching Lee and Tiff, because you see all the hard work they put into hunting and getting that footage. Lee hunting/filming 54 days straight to get a buck. 300 acres of food plots. Stacks of stands to put up every year. I don't operate on his scale but I do put in a TON of work and invest crazy time. I am glad people see on thier shows how much work they do to get that footage. People think Lee and Tiff have the life, and in some respects they do, but they look like they work thier tail off to hunt, I know I do.