Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ingress/egress

Old 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ingress/egress

ok i was looking at a ad for land up for auction they do it alot around here

I think it was mine land since it has small pit ponds and does not have any mineral rights.
The area has some swamps and water areas. but from the pictures it looks good

on the ad it has each tract size and what it is
a few says some woods or alot of woods and some ingress/egress on a area of the land

What does ingress/egress mean when your talking about land
Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ingress/egress

ok i was buying a place on contract in NC where the owner sold land and had a part where they had life time us of the road.

would you worry about it when buying land
i am thinking about looking at it if i do i will make sure of what they have use of
ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Access to the land, either through shared drive or personal drive.

Sometimes land that is completely bordered by other private land has no real access, and you have to do a shared entrance, through someone else property. Its a big thing in heavily wooded areas.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

You need to check on a few things also. Like you talk about the mineral rights. And timber rights and so on.

If you buy land and someone else has the timber rights it means that they own the timber. They can come and clear the land and theres nothing you can do about it. If you buy land like this you need to have a time limit in your contract. Example...Give them ten years to remove all of the timber. After that its done. If not, they can come in and cut a little bit and cut a little bit....and what they are really doing is waiting on the other timber to mature enough so they can cut it also.

As for the mineral rights. I am not sure I would buy land that someone else owned them. This means that they can come dig up all of the land. ????
Old 02-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
neb
Typical Buck

In the area I live you couldn't get mineral rights with any land you buy here because of all the oil. Poeple just don't sell them with the land. I think in the post it was said they could dig up your land not real sure on that, That would be surface rights and you have them when you buy land.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

but the minerial rights could also be pertaining to rocks, sand, and so on. which have to be mined.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

As for the oil/gas rights. My uncle owns land that the previous owner has a gas rig on. she has to pay him so much for having it on his land and so much per unit that is taken out of the ground.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

you get the surface right hereas for miningit is old mine land so any coal or rock is gone as for gas and oil not sure about but i know it is never impossible to get mineral right here due to all the coal mining
ORIGINAL: neb

In the area I live you couldn't get mineral rights with any land you buy here because of all the oil. Poeple just don't sell them with the land. I think in the post it was said they could dig up your land not real sure on that, That would be surface rights and you have them when you buy land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.